AC RC issue - general sound issues

The re install seems to have helped. Its for sure better. But just doesn't seem to have the varoom if you know what I mean. But it is better. When I 1st got into the GT2 458 I couldn't get out of it.... it was sooo awesome. Now the sound is dead in comparison. Almost wish they would just go back to the 1.0 release.

Im not sure what caused what?? But after the latest install is when things went a miss? After I deleted AC through steam and re installed my 5:1 headset was back to normal all good there. But I could not get anything decent out of my outside 5:1 speakers. I messed and messed with it but no good. Then I just set them up on stereo out of the 2 rears that are behind my seat and the sound became awesome. The engine sound is back. Still not like 1.0 but now I feel like Im in a Ferrari....well as best one can be in a sim......lol. So for now all good. Now we just need server tools for league racing.

Allow Kunos some time to sort out the sound issues, I'm sure they will work it out but, there are so many things for them to fix and tweak that it may take some time. One step forward and 2 steps back seems to be quite common in software development. Persistence and patience are absolute requirements for success.

Just bought a Sennheiser PC310 Headset, problem is when I plug it in to my 5.1 speaker system I can barely hear the engine sounds in cockpit view, just excessive surface or wind noise, no probs in outside view.
Then if I go to my sound cards control panel and change speakers from 5.1 to Headphones it seems to work fine. Don't really want to keep changing this every time I play AC plus defeats point of 5.1.
Anyone know if this issue will be fixed or knows a way to overcome this?

Just bought a Sennheiser PC310 Headset, problem is when I plug it in to my 5.1 speaker system I can barely hear the engine sounds in cockpit view, just excessive surface or wind noise, no probs in outside view.
Then if I go to my sound cards control panel and change speakers from 5.1 to Headphones it seems to work fine. Don't really want to keep changing this every time I play AC plus defeats point of 5.1.
Anyone know if this issue will be fixed or knows a way to overcome this?
Maybe you can find an mix with the sliders in audio control?, You got sliders for....
Tires
Surfaces
Wind
Opponents

But I agree the mix is not right! mite be that they updated the sounds but not the default mix that is set from the sliders!

Check in Assetto Corsa/System/cfg/ if you have an "Reverb.ini" or an "Reverb.ini.bak"

If you have an "reverb.ini" rename it to "Reverb.ini.bak"
Kunos disabled the reverb as it interfered with 5.1 sound - so it should be an "Reverb.ini.bak" file there!

I tried to re-enable the reverbs and got the sound you described!

They also disabled track reverbs! on any kunos track go to Data folder and check that it has
[REVERB_0]
ENABLED=0

Some Tracks have several zones.

I have set my sliders to...
Master=1
Tyres=0.5
Surfaces=0.8
Wind=0.8
Opponents=0.5

And the mix sounds great!!

Last edited:
Check in Assetto Corsa/System/cfg/ if you have an "Reverb.ini" or an "Reverb.ini.bak"

Kunos disabled the reverb as it interfered with 5.1 sound - so it should be an "Reverb.ini.bak" file there!

They also disabled track reverbs! on any kunos track go to Data folder and check that it has
[REVERB_0]
ENABLED=0

Master=1
Tyres=0.5
Surfaces=0.8
Wind=0.8
Opponents=0.5

Hi already have the .bak file in there.
as for data folder there is just a folder called se and a surfaces.ini which does not have entries for reverb_0 or enabled=0 just headings for surface 0,1,2,3

[REVERB_0]
ENABLED=0

Master=1
Tyres=0.5
Surfaces=0.8
Wind=0.8
Opponents=0.5

Ok this is what I did. Going by comments made in another thread about sound issues I changed the files name to Reverb.ini and left everything else as you mentioned. plus with this latest update 1.0.4 everything seems to be working fine, not an expert at picking out sound issues but it sounds good to me.
Thanks for your help

Game sound is completely broken with some cars. For instance with 458 GT2 the sounds are the same whether in interior or exterior or whatever position.
This is what I am saying: [Video removed]

FMOD is great but cannot be seen as a fix for sound, FMOD needs to be seen as an enhancement for sound and in fact it can bring improvements with effects such as, echos, reverbs, attenuation or spatial.
However if the sound has issues with positional or directional audio surely will not be FMOD spatial sound that is going to fix it, if anything will make it worse.
One of the AC sound issues (if not the main) is and have been exactly the positional audio, FMOD just brought it to the light in a more pronounced way.

Also, in client side, the game sound settings need to allow the player to choose between stereo or 5.1 configuration (and I mean real 5.1, not those "pretend to be" 5.1 headphones), providing the necessary optimization for both circumstances
At this point how the game sound engine know if I am with a stereo headphones or with 5.1 sound system? I dont buy that the game engine (this one or some other) is smart enough to make that choice for me.

Game sound needs heavy work, the sound in a simulator is a crucial and determinant factor.

Last edited:
I agree with the sound in games being crucial to providing better immersion and overall experience. I think it will play an even larger role as we adapt VR as a viable and practical solution for Racing-sims. We know Fmod can be used to good effect but, clearly there are some sound wrinkles to be ironed out at the moment.

I have v1.0.4 and while my inside sounds (cockpit view) sounds are OK all exterior sounds are terrible. Tried with different tracks and cars and the replay sound is too quite. Also, there is very little dynamic range with exterior sounds. Very muffled, as if I have cotton balls stuffed in my ears. I've run integrity check and everything is fine but strangely, Steam does not report any updates available?!? I see in update log that current version is 1.0.5 but I'm on 1.0.4 and Steam says all is fine. This is on a fresh install (deleted all previous data before installing the RC).

I had to run the Integrity Check to get the latest update. Both the internal and external sound much better now. I was startled by a 458 GT2 doing a flyby on the front straight while I was making some adjustments - wow!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 100 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 266 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 385 39.8%