AC RC issue - complete change in braking feel

Hi all
I hope someone can advise me. I have been driving the 0.22 version for a month or so (about 50 hours), and have now upgraded to RC1.0. For me, the brakes in all of the cars has totally changed! If I step hard on the brake pedal, the wheel judders and external view shows that I have locked up. This never happened in the beta version. Have I set up my wheel all wrong or has the sim got more realistic? Is my braking technique wrong?? Wheel is a Driving Force GT.
Set up is Gain 90% Filter 0% Damping 1%, Brake Gamma (no idea what that means!) is the default 2.40.

Any help appreciated - at the moment it feels like I have to start all over again. The cars feel more stable and easier to drive, except at the braking points. I have tried switching ABS on and off too.

Thanks Aleksandr, I will try that. Can any wizard explain what brake gamma actually means??!!
The value for brake gamma determines the brake force distribution as a function of pedal travel.
  • value = 1.0 ; force is equal proportional to pedal travel -> linear braking
  • 1.0 < value < 5.0 ; -> progressive braking

Linear braking is highly recommended for precision, stability and consistency.

2013063000524848ccc3199abd001b485d8e22bdcbf6e4.jpg

Last edited:
The brake gamma of 1.0 is recommended for load cell type brakes or pressure based braking but that's doesn't mean you can't adjust it to 1.0 with any other type of brakes you're using if you just want more sensitivity or higher values for less sensitivity. I think the value of 2.4 is just default for non-pressure/load type brakes.

Last edited:
Hi all
I hope someone can advise me. I have been driving the 0.22 version for a month or so (about 50 hours), and have now upgraded to RC1.0. For me, the brakes in all of the cars has totally changed! If I step hard on the brake pedal, the wheel judders and external view shows that I have locked up. This never happened in the beta version. Have I set up my wheel all wrong or has the sim got more realistic? Is my braking technique wrong?? Wheel is a Driving Force GT.
Set up is Gain 90% Filter 0% Damping 1%, Brake Gamma (no idea what that means!) is the default 2.40.

Any help appreciated - at the moment it feels like I have to start all over again. The cars feel more stable and easier to drive, except at the braking points. I have tried switching ABS on and off too.
I had same problem as you with the same wheel, set at 1.0. and was getting lock ups at this. so I changed it back to default 2.40 and now get less lock ups.
Also I changed how I brake, I used to be quite heavy footed so now I use less pressure and use the gears more, don't break any records with my style of driving but it works for me.
I also found FFB gain too heavy for this wheel so its set at 75% also in car setup I set FFB to same, wheel is lighter and more responsive for my style.
Hope this helps

Thanks for all the replies, very helpful. I have found that setting it at 1.0 has helped me, although like Ian Cameron I realise that I have to be less heavy-footed! I thought that was how you were supposed to drive fast - zoom up to the corner then slam on the brakes at the last minute...

Problem is still happening for me... my brake Gamma is on 1 as suggested and it's brilliant, but the tyres still lock up even if i put the brake on 100% ... and as far as im aware you can't edit the brake bias for all cars if any at all :( what else can be done, does the range of the brake pedal help at all it's at 100% what if i changed it down??

Problem is still happening for me... my brake Gamma is on 1 as suggested and it's brilliant, but the tyres still lock up even if i put the brake on 100% ... and as far as im aware you can't edit the brake bias for all cars if any at all :( what else can be done, does the range of the brake pedal help at all it's at 100% what if i changed it down??
Changing brake bias is in your setup options! Can you try out a gamma different to 1? It largely is a matter of feel.
You want to set it to let's say tab the pedal 25% --> 50% braking and with 95% pedal --> 85% braking; so you have a larger gap for the maximal amount of force input.
Richard Burns Rallye tought me this:thumbsup:

back to square one... or it may only be the ferrari's but no matter what settings i try the brakes always lock up on the La Ferrari & the F40 , no matter what settings i try for brake gamma

You want to set it to let's say tab the pedal 25% --> 50% braking and with 95% pedal --> 85% braking; so you have a larger gap for the maximal amount of force input.
Richard Burns Rallye tought me this:thumbsup:
you mean in the control options of the game? where it says brake pedal 0% > 100% i should change them values to what you said and try?

back to square one... or it may only be the ferrari's but no matter what settings i try the brakes always lock up on the La Ferrari & the F40 , no matter what settings i try for brake gamma

you mean in the control options of the game? where it says brake pedal 0% > 100% i should change them values to what you said and try?
Will need to start the sim tomorrow. Just came back from Zolder.
I think the input should be 50%, which is linear. But would be the same. You press the pedal a certain amount, and the games translates this to a different amount.
I am confused you have two possible settings for this. Will really need to look for it tomorrow.

Will need to start the sim tomorrow. Just came back from Zolder.
I think the input should be 50%, which is linear. But would be the same. You press the pedal a certain amount, and the games translates this to a different amount.
I am confused you have two possible settings for this. Will really need to look for it tomorrow.
ok thanks, will do some experimenting tonight, really weird as i didn't have this problem at all before RC 1.0 , now it's all changed, wasn't aware they changed the braking stuff.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 109 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 284 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 414 40.0%