AC or rF2?

Justin Swan

RD-DVLC
Rfactor2 or AC? Not necessarily on looks but which is going to be the better multiplayer? with the best RD club races etc etc? Keep thinking of buying rF2 but don't want to get it then AC becomes the "main" event.

And then go get Stock Car Extreme. Best single player racing experience out there.

As i said somewhere else, there is absolutely no reason for someone to play GSCE while there is rF2. (personal opinion). I bought it only for 18€ but i cry for my money.
It's so advanced when comparing with GSCE,that you will wondering why you lost so much time of your life in GSCE.

• Deleted member 197115

Is rF2 demo in any way representative of the real game?
Couldn't configure multiple controllers, and UI, my lord, is that from 90th?

rF2 has probably the most advanced physics engine in the simracing world, it's miles ahead of all the rest, AC included!

AC physics are "average", with some flaws! but the whole package is not bad.
rF2 has DX9 graphics, and a complete MP, but it's not casual users friendly.
When I drive the same cars between rF2 and AC I don't feel average physics in one and real in the other. I feel real in both. Even if both sims will continue to evolve in their simulation, both are equivalent. I just don't find anything that would suggest otherwise, especially when comparing the same cars (and same specs). There are more differences in the tire model than physics engine, and in fact that can happen for the several sims that exist. But even those differences in tire models will end up with an equivalent result when driving.

I bought both...And then started hating AC the minute you realize that the game is so poorly optimized for the PC, that you need a God-tiered PC to play it properly, and even then you have lag issues and "CPU > 99%" issues left and right.

AC is great for modders. But once you get into actually playing said mods, it becomes hell.

rF2 is a great game on the PC, you could play a large amount of cars on the track, and I have yet to have any issues with needing such a stout PC to play it, lag issues, or issues with optimization of the game itself.

But rF2 has one of the worst, if not the worst, system for modders I've ever seen. Needlessly complicated and would've been better if they kept the same system for rF1 and just started upgrading the graphics/effects.

But if I had to choose, rF2. Out of both games, at least I still play rF2. I had to delete AC off my hard drive due to the issues making the game damned-near unplayable.

Question on Rf2 , why are different builds used online? why not allow the same build online?Does this not segregates players even more? Am guessing there's a reason why some stick with older builds? ....anyone know?

Upon joining the server you have to download other components before you join which sometimes comes with an error saying check the url is valid.

Is there something am missing?

I bought both...And then started hating AC the minute you realize that the game is so poorly optimized for the PC, that you need a God-tiered PC to play it properly, and even then you have lag issues and "CPU > 99%" issues left and right.

AC is great for modders. But once you get into actually playing said mods, it becomes hell.

rF2 is a great game on the PC, you could play a large amount of cars on the track, and I have yet to have any issues with needing such a stout PC to play it, lag issues, or issues with optimization of the game itself.

But rF2 has one of the worst, if not the worst, system for modders I've ever seen. Needlessly complicated and would've been better if they kept the same system for rF1 and just started upgrading the graphics/effects.

But if I had to choose, rF2. Out of both games, at least I still play rF2. I had to delete AC off my hard drive due to the issues making the game damned-near unplayable.

It is the reverse for me, AC plays well on my PC, but I am unable to run RF2. All should try the demo first, if they have any doubt their PC can handle RF2

• Deleted member 197115

Is rF2 demo in any way representative of the real game?
Couldn't configure multiple controllers, and UI, my lord, is that from 90th?
Downloaded non Steam Demo, after a couple of restarts made pedals and wheel work. :unsure:
- Have AC running maxed out on 4K at stable fps, had to drop quite a bit of the settings to medium-high to avoid stutter in rF2. Considering how much worse it looked even at max settings, that's quite a let down.
- On the track. Seriously, not sure what it offers over AC in physics and ffb department. Feels like a step down to me, could be just the cues I am so used in AC that were missing, was trying to mess up with ffb multiplier, still could not get to the point of feeling when my tires locking up
- Loved the sound.

Fired up AC, same car, same track, feels like home. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Downloaded non Steam Demo, after a couple of restarts made pedals and wheel work. :unsure:
- Have AC running maxed out on 4K at stable fps, had to drop quite a bit of the settings to medium-high to avoid stutter in rF2. Considering how much worse it looked even at max settings, that's quite a let down.
- On the track. Seriously, not sure what it offers over AC in physics and ffb department. Feels like a step down to me, could be just the cues I am so used in AC that were missing, was trying to mess up with ffb multiplier, still could not get to the point of feeling when my tires locking up
- Loved the sound.

Fired up AC, same car, same track, feels like home. :)

In my system (signature), it plays solid 90fps with everything maxed out.
Also when i fire AC after rF2, i am wondering if the wheel is broken.

If you have G27, just put filter to 9 and minimum force to 5%.

When you fire AC after rF2 or even GSCE, you start wondering which one has laserscanned tracks :D
AC feels dead in corners, and even in straights without canned effects, for me it's like losing some of my senses.

On AC, you just throw the car in corners and it sticks, you can catch slides easily even if you have slow reaction time, on rF2 it's another story, you really need to prepare your corner in your mind, you hold your breathe until you reach the exit.

For me, the camber issue on AC alone is enough to put it on the back of the grid, anyone who is fantasizing about AC physics can consider himself biased! i would even say : many people love AC because it makes you feel like a racing hero, i am personally average on rF2, but still manage to take WRs on AC. A sim can have some flaws on any other aspect, but as soon as it compromises physics, it's out.

Last edited:
As i said somewhere else, there is absolutely no reason for someone to play GSCE while there is rF2. (personal opinion). I bought it only for 18€ but i cry for my money.
It's so advanced when comparing with GSCE,that you will wondering why you lost so much time of your life in GSCE.

And despite being more advanced I've spent more time on GSCE than in rF2 since this one was released in 2012.

When you fire AC after rF2 or even GSCE, you start wondering which one has laserscanned tracks :D
AC feels dead in corners, and even in straights without canned effects, for me it's like losing some of my senses.

On AC, you just throw the car in corners and it sticks, you can catch slides easily even if you have slow reaction time, on rF2 it's another story, you really need to prepare your corner in your mind, you hold your breathe until you reach the exit.

For me, the camber issue on AC alone is enough to put it on the back of the grid, anyone who is fantasizing about AC physics is just a fanboy! i would even say : many people love AC because it doesn't make you feel how crappy you are as a driver, i personally am average on rF2, but still manages to take WRs on AC. A sim can suck on all the other aspects, but as soon as you compromise physics, you are out.

I couldn't have said it better. One of the points of why AC got such success is because it makes the average joe feel like he is a good driver, you just need to see Stefano's streams driving and how is he enjoying himself of saving slides that he wouldn't dream of on another game, despite being a really bad driver.

• Deleted member 197115

For me, the camber issue on AC alone is enough to put it on the back of the grid, anyone who is fantasizing about AC physics can consider himself biased! i would even say : many people love AC because it makes you feel like a racing hero, i am personally average on rF2, but still manage to take WRs on AC. A sim can have some flaws on any other aspect, but as soon as it compromises physics, it's out.
Sounds like we are talking different games. But I've made my point.
Glad I didn't jump on Steam sale and tried demo first. Suggest others eyeballing rF2 do the same. Anyhow, it's uninstalled. After AC, it's just not for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Qazdar Karim & @Eduard Mallorquí you might have found the best way to differentiate RF2 vs AC. If you play RF2 it is because you are part of the elite.:rolleyes:
Meanwhile, this average joe, will keep on enjoying AC as it feel the closest to me to real driving than any other SIM I have used, including RF2.:)
Reading your post, will most likely, also comfort the other average Joe out there that AC is probably a better place for them if they do not want to have to be in contact with the bully that are so convinced of their superiority.
Thank you for making the choice, for those who have to choose, so easy.:thumbsup:

The better out come is still to enjoy both, or even better, all of them.
Except for you 2 and other like you who seem convinced that nothing compare to your precious RF2.

'the camber issue' lol... you know it's impossible to detect on stock content right? That's how small it is. if you can't tolerate bugs in a sim then I have some bad news for you re: rF2. They're literally changing tire parameters on every car right now, if that's not a compromise on physics instead of having everything perfect, I don't know what is.

'the camber issue' lol... you know it's impossible to detect on stock content right? That's how small it is. if you can't tolerate bugs in a sim then I have some bad news for you re: rF2. They're literally changing tire parameters on every car right now, if that's not a compromise on physics instead of having everything perfect, I don't know what is.
Well, if you can't notice the the effect camber has on grip in a sim that's already a problem in itself ... but, you are still wrong! when any camber adds grip laterally and longitudinally, even with 5% margin it's noticeable.

They are adapting the old cars to the new engine technology, like AC did when the last tyre model was introduced. Comparing that to bugs ... lol.

Regarding the camber thing, first, it is noticeable in stock content (there are cars going > +2 positive camber in cornering), and second, there is a clear grip gain longitudinally with camber, unless your equations are better than Kunos apps.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back