• You don't get fast in order to take part in club races, you take part in club races to get fast!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

AC, is the right sim choice?

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by Footwork84, Mar 9, 2017.

1. Footwork84

Footwork84
    If it'is not existing, it doesn't break. Premium

Ratings:
    +48
    Good morning guys,
    I just entered in this community and would like to say hello.
    I am an enthusiastic fun of Formula 1 cars since my childhood and in the past I played Rfactor 1.
    Now I have the possibility, with a decent computer, to play again and would like to ask which sim could fit my needs.
    I would expect:
    • Well supported and populated multiplayer;
    • Possibility of modding;
    • Online Leagues with old Formula 1 cars (like 90ers);
    • Good gameplay, AI not so dummy;
    • Realism;
    • Possibility of telemetry analysis.
    Is Assetto Corsa the game for me or should I focus on something else?

Thank you so much.

2. Giovaneveterano

Giovaneveterano
    Premium

Ratings:
    +412
    • Well supported YES and populated multiplayer KIND OF
    • Possibility of modding YES
    • Online Leagues with old Formula 1 cars (like 90ers) PROBABLY
    • Good gameplay, AI not so dummy KIND OF
    • Realism YES
    • Possibility of telemetry analysis YES

3. Footwork84

Footwork84

Ratings:
    +48
    Thanks for yours answer.
    It seems you are Italian like me.
    About the multiplayer point, I don't wanna buy a game that will have empty servers in a couple of months.
    Have you something else to recommend or AC is what fits to me?

4. SakL

SakL
    Black flagged in a club race! Premium

Ratings:
    +108
    AC has had a healthy multiplayer scene both casually and competitively for a couple of years now, and no end in sight. It's a solid choice.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright
    I may not be fast, but I'm wide! Premium

Ratings:
    +1,543
    The AC servers have been fairly consistently populated for quite a while, I've not studied any stats but I would guess that outside of iRacing it probably has the most active servers. Of course, like any sim the servers are going to be hit and miss but there are several well established servers that run regularly, like ALOOG, Streetfighters, and Friday Night Fun. Of course if you want good, clean, organized racing with friendly people you can always become a premium member here at RaceDepartment and check out all of our wonderful Assetto Corsa racing club events. We feature everything from vintage cars to LMP1 with multiple events going off each week. We'd love to have you on the grid! Find more info here

http://www.racedepartment.com/forums/assetto-corsa-racing-club-leagues.171/

• Like Like x 1
  6. Footwork84

Footwork84

Ratings:
    +48
    Than AC could be my choice.
    Unfortunately I have no Racing Wheel (since I live in another country I left mine at home) and the game itself but I could easily provide both of them.
    Also the possibility to become premium member sounds interesting but, considering that I am like a novice and non expert, is there still place for me in such a competition?
    Basically I play occasionally, but a scheduled event can be, also occasionally, could be taken in consideration.

7. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright
    I may not be fast, but I'm wide! Premium

Ratings:
    +1,543
    Absolutely! For the club races everyone is welcome regardless of skill level/experience or controller type, all we ask is you race others the way you would want to be raced. The main focus of the club races is not outright competition but just to have fun racing with fellow sim racing enthusiasts. We usually have a wide range of talent on the grid so you're quite likely to find someone to race with even if you're not the fastest in the field. You can get a Premium membership for as low as 3 Euros for one month so you can test it out and see if you want to continue without having to pay a lot upfront (info on memberships can be found in the first post of the link I pasted above).

8. Footwork84

Footwork84

Ratings:
    +48
    Thank you so much!
    I will buy AC in this week!

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 2
  9. Giovaneveterano

Giovaneveterano
    Premium

Ratings:
    +412
    I'm sure you'll not be disappointed.
    I play AC since early 2015 and I never ever found it boring. PCars did, R3E did, iRacing did!

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Giovaneveterano

Giovaneveterano
    Premium

Ratings:
    +412
    Uh.. just one raccomandation.
    Keep in mind to spend 30 more € to buy all the DLCs. Most of the online servers use only Kunos content.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Gevatter

Gevatter

Ratings:
    +53
    Also an important point to keep in mind: You cannot join a server that uses content you don't own, no matter if stock or mod cars or tracks.

12. Gui Cramer

Gui Cramer

Ratings:
    +750
    AC has a split online user base because of the mixing of content they made in the DLC packs. To run a GT league you need to own nearly all DLC, for example, instead of "The GT Pack."

Lastly, research the leagues first. There are limitations to how the game handles things and, not exclusive to this game, depending on what you want to race, you may not find a satisfactory online experience.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Footwork84

Footwork84

Ratings:
    +48
    Great news.
    I already bought AC and on Monday I will receive the Logitech G29 plus the shifter.
    I am looking forward for it!

• Like Like x 5
  14. gecco

gecco

Ratings:
    +6
    if you are a car guy, and driving is your thing, you will be in simheaven shortly!

• Agree Agree x 1