AC, is the right sim choice?

Footwork84

If it'is not existing, it doesn't break.
Good morning guys,
I just entered in this community and would like to say hello.
I am an enthusiastic fun of Formula 1 cars since my childhood and in the past I played Rfactor 1.
Now I have the possibility, with a decent computer, to play again and would like to ask which sim could fit my needs.
I would expect:
  • Well supported and populated multiplayer;
  • Possibility of modding;
  • Online Leagues with old Formula 1 cars (like 90ers);
  • Good gameplay, AI not so dummy;
  • Realism;
  • Possibility of telemetry analysis.
Is Assetto Corsa the game for me or should I focus on something else?

Thank you so much.

Thanks for yours answer.
It seems you are Italian like me.
About the multiplayer point, I don't wanna buy a game that will have empty servers in a couple of months.
Have you something else to recommend or AC is what fits to me?

Thanks for yours answer.
About the multiplayer point, I don't wanna buy a game that will have empty servers in a couple of months.
AC has had a healthy multiplayer scene both casually and competitively for a couple of years now, and no end in sight. It's a solid choice.

Thanks for yours answer.

The AC servers have been fairly consistently populated for quite a while, I've not studied any stats but I would guess that outside of iRacing it probably has the most active servers. Of course, like any sim the servers are going to be hit and miss but there are several well established servers that run regularly, like ALOOG, Streetfighters, and Friday Night Fun. Of course if you want good, clean, organized racing with friendly people you can always become a premium member here at RaceDepartment and check out all of our wonderful Assetto Corsa racing club events. We feature everything from vintage cars to LMP1 with multiple events going off each week. We'd love to have you on the grid! Find more info here

http://www.racedepartment.com/forums/assetto-corsa-racing-club-leagues.171/

Than AC could be my choice.
Unfortunately I have no Racing Wheel (since I live in another country I left mine at home) and the game itself but I could easily provide both of them.
Also the possibility to become premium member sounds interesting but, considering that I am like a novice and non expert, is there still place for me in such a competition?
Basically I play occasionally, but a scheduled event can be, also occasionally, could be taken in consideration.

Also the possibility to become premium member sounds interesting but, considering that I am like a novice and non expert, is there still place for me in such a competition?

Absolutely! For the club races everyone is welcome regardless of skill level/experience or controller type, all we ask is you race others the way you would want to be raced. The main focus of the club races is not outright competition but just to have fun racing with fellow sim racing enthusiasts. We usually have a wide range of talent on the grid so you're quite likely to find someone to race with even if you're not the fastest in the field. You can get a Premium membership for as low as 3 Euros for one month so you can test it out and see if you want to continue without having to pay a lot upfront (info on memberships can be found in the first post of the link I pasted above).

• Deleted member 130869

AC has a split online user base because of the mixing of content they made in the DLC packs. To run a GT league you need to own nearly all DLC, for example, instead of "The GT Pack."

Lastly, research the leagues first. There are limitations to how the game handles things and, not exclusive to this game, depending on what you want to race, you may not find a satisfactory online experience.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 351 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 486 39.1%