AC is still simulator?

I am the founder of this topic, but the first post has been removed by the moderates.
Generally I meant as possible, the person on the pad achieves better results than the others playing on the steering wheel.
The first person from the list uses the x360 pad, the rest drivin on the steering wheel. and therefore I asked whether the AC is still simulator ??
94ff2a8a68836.jpg

Just FYI, none of these lap times are particularly impressive, and everyone was apparently driving with aids on maximum. Wheel users will be faster 99% of the time in my experience.

If you go to RSR and check the record lists, wheel users dominate pad users for almost all combos.

Generally I meant as possible, the person on the pad achieves better results than the others playing on the steering wheel.
For one there are extremely skilled guys on the pad.
And then of course Kunos could have designed a system for gamepads that basically enables steering help without it showing up in the aids used.

But that's not a factor.
The big question is: How's physics and how's the FFB?
Even if gamepad users were 20 seconds faster due to simplified physics and built-in drivingaids wouldn't turn the physics and FFB worse. It would just mean that Kunos are too kind to gamepad users.

Didn't realise mods removed the OP.
Thread makes sense now.
I remember this user posted the same junk thread on AC and it turned it it was just one car and track combo that a pad user had the record for, which was soon smashed by a couple of wheel users.

Just a troll.
Move on folks.

I am the founder of this topic, but the first post has been removed by the moderates.
The first person from the list uses the x360 pad, the rest drivin on the steering wheel. and therefore I asked whether the AC is still simulator ??
94ff2a8a68836.jpg

If this person that drives with a gamepad has the correct racing line, correct cornering line, correct braking zone, hits the apex, has good exit, has a correct setup for the track, why shouldn't that person with a gamepad be as fast or faster than wheel users who aren't driving as correct as him? This wouldn't be a simulator if wheel users were always faster than gamepad users, but with worse driving on the track and with worse setup.
(gamepads also use axis for gas, brake, steering, just like wheels. The difference is the range and what part of your body use them. The rest is all manageable with gamepad settings, in the menu).

People are always excusing lack of features and how AC stands against games with big dev teams with stating how small Kunos is.. But yet we see that 3x smaller teams don't need those excuses.. And I don't mean it against AC, mean it against those excuses
The difference between these dev teams is the amount of content creators. The actual core team that programs the software and creates the cars is as small as in every other sim racing dev team.
And the other difference is that those core teams created a game already doing all those features from the start. While in this case, Kunos showed a different plan for a sim racing game.

Another difference is that the other core dev teams already had a simulator software ready, and also several of the features ready, but AC was started from the ground, for both features, AI, and car physics simulator.
rF2, Pcars, Raceroom, GSCE, all started their last games about at the same time AC was started, the difference being they basically had a lot of it done, in terms of car physics simulator software, AI, and a lot of the features. But they didn't have much content.
And the most meaningful difference is the design plan and path you're gonna follow for your game. I think if AC wanted to achieve the most complete sim racing game, they could have done so, any dev team maybe could have done so, but their approach to designing the game around the sim wasn't the same as what the other dev teams did. They mostly just focused on the most used features by people who race.
I think AC now has a big user base compared to the other sims and enough potential for several of the features previously thought to be used less, it all depends how you use the time, money, and the user base already established. Be it now, in a year, or in a new installment.

The difference between these dev teams is the amount of content creators. The actual core team that programs the software and creates the cars is as small as in every other sim racing dev team.
And the other difference is that those core teams created a game already doing all those features from the start. While in this case, Kunos showed a different plan for a sim racing game.

Another difference is that the other core dev teams already had a simulator software ready, and also several of the features ready, but AC was started from the ground, for both features, AI, and car physics simulator.
rF2, Pcars, Raceroom, GSCE, all started their last games about at the same time AC was started, the difference being they basically had a lot of it done, in terms of car physics simulator software, AI, and a lot of the features. But they didn't have much content.
And the most meaningful difference is the design plan and path you're gonna follow for your game. I think if AC wanted to achieve the most complete sim racing game, they could have done so, any dev team maybe could have done so, but their approach to designing the game around the sim wasn't the same as what the other dev teams did. They mostly just focused on the most used features by people who race.
I think AC now has a big user base compared to the other sims and enough potential for several of the features previously thought to be used less, it all depends how you use the time, money, and the user base already established. Be it now, in a year, or in a new installment.
to be honest I don`t know how much AC takes from netKar pro engine ..
What I`m trying to say, Kunos is not in some special situation where they need players to hide them behind this excuse .. they are pefectly cappable developers and most features are not there cause they simply can`t be implemented due early decisions of devs or cause they decide not to implement them or to implement them in non traditional way .. and some might/will be implemented later ... again, I just listed what is missing cause I was asked, and I don`t think I listed them in disrespectful, nonobjective, hating or negative way. Nor did I adress them to Kunos as critique (I got my answer in this matter from Stefano, I respect it and I made my peace with what AC will be) ..

I know, I wasn't talking about your list from page 1; I agreed that was good to see stuff from it in the game.
I was mostly discussing the initial game design plan and the difference in numbers of devs. Even if AC now has more on the team, they aren't for working with the software, they are for content creation (mostly for the cars). So in that respect, all the dev teams from these games have about the same number of people working with the software and the cars simulation.

I know, I wasn't talking about your list from page 1; I agreed that was good to see stuff from it in the game.
I was mostly discussing the initial game design plan and the difference in numbers of devs. Even if AC now has more on the team, they aren't for working with the software, they are for content creation (mostly for the cars). So in that respect, all the dev teams from these games have about the same number of people working with the software and the cars simulation.
Sorry. I agree.
And content in AC (cars amount wise) is something we can hardly complain about..specially with some licences they manage to get.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 319 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 219 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 213 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 160 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 278 13.5%