AC hangs while loading car(s)

Mr. Malarkey

Premium
Hello all -

I've recently encountered a problem in which AC hangs at the loading screen when it reaches the point at which it begins loading the car or cars. It does this no matter what the car or track, and no matter what other variables are in place (Vanilla or CSP, launched from steam or CM, number of opponents, screen resolution, PPF, etc - even when trying to run a benchmark of my video settings).

I thought perhaps it was because my main system hard drive is pretty full, so I ran a disk and system cleanup and added space (28 gigs free). After that, I got one race to start, but a few minutes later, with different cars and a different track, it hung again and has persisted since.

The log file is showing quite a few errors with textures and materials, even on Kunos cars and tracks that came with the game (been using the Abarth 500 EsseEsse on Barcelona for testing, with no skins or mods and no PPF). Not sure if that is the issue or not. But there are no other errors that I can see, and I'm not getting an error message on-screen.

(Although when I first started it up this morning and tried to load a race, I got a message in CM saying that I had duplicate skin names and needed to delete some files. This struck me as odd, as I hadn't added or changed any skins since the last time I used AC. But I did go delete the duplicate files. It was after this that the game started hanging.)

I have verified the integrity of the game files, and nothing is coming up wrong.

I am running on Windows 10 (which had an update since the last time I used AC), and my video card is NVidia GeForce GTX 950, driver 551.3. I can give other system details if needed.

I am attaching the most recent log file.

If anyone has any idea what could be causing this, or how I can fix it, I would be very grateful for any assistance!

Attachments

• log.txt
    36.8 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Maybe OneDrive or something? I have read that OneDrive does not get along with AC.

No, I don't use OneDrive for anything.

I suspect that the skins issue I mentioned above caused the problem. As I was working on solving this problem, I got two more duplicate skins messages about other cars.

Over lunch, I turned off my computer and unplugged it for 45 minutes. After I booted up again, everything is fine.

Now the question I have is why I keep getting these duplicate skins messages. They are skins that I have disabled in CM, but then somehow they are getting copied and re-enabled. Weird.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.