AC GT3 Register and Appreciation Society

Bored, bored, bored, so thought I'd start a wee thread tracking the GT3 cars we're getting, have got, and don't have yet in Assetto Corsa. Love them or loathe them, the GT3 class has been a massive success story, probably the most successful GT category ever, so it'd be good to have as many as possible in AC whilst the going's good, so to speak (it rarely lasts this long in sportscar racing :D )

I've kept the list as current as possible, so I've left out a lot of the older cars which are either out of homolgation or haven't been seen anywhere in a while. Have I missed any of the current mainstream cars, or even some of the rarer currently-raced cars?

Cars licensed
- Nissan GT-R GT3
- BMW Z4 GT3
- McLaren MP4-12C GT3
- Merc SLS GT3

Cars outstanding
- Porsche 997 GT3R (Neeeeeeever going to happen I don’t think)
- Audi R8 LMS (Was voted for, so probably safe to say we’ll get it around September time)
- Ferrari F458 GT3 (Wouldn’t be much of a stretch to do, but we already have the GTE so…)
- Callaway Z06 Corvette GT3 (Getting pretty old in the tooth, but still homologated, still awesome)
- Callaway Z07 Corvette GT3 (None exist yet outside CAD/drawing board)
- Viper GT3-R
- Bentley Continental GT3
- Aston Vantage GT3 (We should be getting the V8 GTE car instead…?)
- Lamborghini Gallardo FL2 GT3 (Unlikely to be officially licensed, but Radiator Springs are doing the road car to a very high standard…)

Weird GT3 Outliers
- Ginetta G55 GT3 (Only homologated for regional/national series I’m sure, but bags of potential & sounds awesome)
- Lambda Ford GT3 (Pretty left-field, and not seen outside GT Masters)
- Reiter Camaro (See Lambda Ford)

Really why are they assholes for protecting a license they have paid big bucks for? I don't get why that continues to upset people.

If sim racing companies wanted to have this Porsche license so badly they should have paid the price for it.
Because they've had it for so long, and have prevented everyone from using Porsches, and instead, decide to put them in their never-dying NFS series.

And that they care so much about it..... The "Flat 6' mod is called the way it was because Porsche/EA threatened to sue the makers of the mod. Because they would have lost a financial gain. Right.

If you paid "millions" for a license of something you would give it away to others to use it for free?

Whether we like it or not, if EA has an exclusive deal with Porsche (still never seen any proof that this is actually true), they are entitled to do with it whatever they please.

If people have a problem with that they should make sure to overbid EA next time when the license is available.

And FYI Enduracers were never threatened by Porsche neither by EA, and that is a fact. Some simracing sites have published news about that which was untrue and false, yet as always the community takes it for granted and treats it like its the truth.

well it still sucks cause smaller studios like kunos who are creating simulation games don't have that kinda money to throw at EA so people who like sims won't be able to drive a Porsche unless it's in a game like nfs which I don't wanna play cause it's not my kinda game
so we are left out on official Porsche content that holds value to us simracers
buying nfs with its crappy physics is not a meaningful option for us

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 282 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%