1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

PC AC freeze with some car/tracks combos

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by Sk3ptik0n, Sep 22, 2014.

1. Sk3ptik0n

Sk3ptik0n
    Premium Member

I am not sure if this is happening to anyone else, but quite frequently my AC freezes as it is loading the session (be it practice or race).

The freeze is simple: the screen goes black, but instead of loading the cars at the topp left corner it stays dark and nothing happens.

When I get that, there is nothing I can do mut a hard reset. ALT-TAB doesn't work. CTRL-ALT-DELETE won't work. I have to restart and a few times I picked the same combo and the second time it worked.

IO am especially wondering if there is any way I can get a crash log. I am familiar with getting those in Gmotor engines, but not in AC>

2. I've had this issue before - close any flash applications, YT videos and FRAPS. This also happens, if you need to allow AC to make a connection through your windows/your firewall after an update.

3. Sk3ptik0n

Sk3ptik0n
    Premium Member

INteresting. Thanks. I do often have some YT video in the background in my chrome browser. But then again, I also have it when AC works fine.

I don't use FRAPS and I think AC is cleared manually though my firewall, but I'll check. Thank you.