AC & F1

Hi all,

So I've seen the brilliant skins for the 2017 cars available for AC and it's tempting me to buy it.

First I want to understand more about the ai and tracks available and also a race weekend.

Is it possible to run a full F1 race weekend (quail etc)? With real life performance for teams?

Also of the 2017 calendar how many tracks are available in AC currently (mods or otherwise)?

Lastly, how's the ai? Am I going to get a 2017 grid that then basically never overtakes the player and acts stupid?

Thanks for any help
Rich

Hi all,

So I've seen the brilliant skins for the 2017 cars available for AC and it's tempting me to buy it.

First I want to understand more about the ai and tracks available and also a race weekend.

Is it possible to run a full F1 race weekend (quail etc)?

Yes, but it's not knockout style qualifying, just your normal timed session with all cars on track.

With real life performance for teams?

If you're just using stock content, then no because you really only have two Ferrari F1 cars to choose from, the F138 and SFT-15. But, there's an excellent mod that pairs the F138 with all the cars from that season which adds some variety and they all look the part.

http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/ferraris-opponents-2013-league-edition.126777/

Also of the 2017 calendar how many tracks are available in AC currently (mods or otherwise)?
There are a few available as stock content (Barcelona, Silverstone, Spa, Monza, Nurburgring though I don't think it's currently on the schedule). You can find several mods here to fill in some of the others, but not all of them and they can vary in quality.

Lastly, how's the ai? Am I going to get a 2017 grid that then basically never overtakes the player and acts stupid?

Thanks for any help
Rich

That's probably the one weak point, AI is serviceable but not the best or most aggressive. However there's an alternate launcher called Content Manager that lets you set a range for the AI so you can have cars ranging from, for example, 85%-95% which makes them more likely to pass each other and adds some variety.

Short answer, you can have a lot of F1 fun with AC. It won't give you the full experience like the Codemasters titles do but it will offer a much better and more realistic driving experience. And if you're a masochist/rocket scientist the SFT-15 features pretty much all the hybrid, KERS, re-gen, MGU, etc. settings for you to learn and master.

As Brandon pointed out (Thanks :) ) we made an effort to bring the 2013 season to AC as far as the cars and teams go, even with some graded performance. Look under my name for that download.

There's also a french payware team which will release a 2017 season. I don't want to link them because i believe they are using parts of Kunos data without permission.

DRS is used by the AI, but there's no detection interval (so they use it every lap, same as the player can). The ERS when used by the player gives an advantage over the AI which doesn't. No knockout qualifying, no mandatory tire change.

But there's still a lot of good F1 racing to be had if you can see beyond that.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 246 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 242 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%