AC Dyno Charts

For those that are interested in this sort of technical stuff, i made a simple spreadsheet table to import data from the power.lut data file and then to calculate the various performance output figures which then are translated graphically by using the Excel chart funtion (old Excel)
The torque (atw) values in the table can be adjusted directly or by moving the graph nodes to change the data dynamically. The new torque (atw) values can then be exported back to the power.lut file.
I use it mainly to check third party mods claimed power figures against manufacturer specs and you would be surprised how many have incorrect data.

Still need to figure out the formula for turbo cars, not sure how the max boost, wasetgate, gamma etc etc all effect the output torque values.

i have uploaded a couple of readouts from a few stock AC GT cars and it's quite interesting to compare them graphically - notably the Porsche GT3 Rwhich has a quite a large torque dip at 4000 rpm

Attachments

• bmw_m3_gt2.jpg
    bmw_m3_gt2.jpg
    348.9 KB · Views: 1,249
  • corvetteC7R.jpg
    corvetteC7R.jpg
    337.8 KB · Views: 1,170
  • Ferrari458gt2.jpg
    Ferrari458gt2.jpg
    354.8 KB · Views: 807
  • LamboH GT3.jpg
    LamboH GT3.jpg
    377.5 KB · Views: 858
  • Merc AMG GT3.jpg
    Merc AMG GT3.jpg
    354.2 KB · Views: 942
  • Porsche GT3 R.jpg
    Porsche GT3 R.jpg
    372.4 KB · Views: 1,511
I'm generally interested in this kind of stuff ;-). Actually comming more from the question when to shift gears, which also involvs gears and wheel size. Maybe more on that another time ...

Currently I'm short on time but I want to make a quick note to this:
I use it mainly to check third party mods claimed power figures against manufacturer specs and you would be surprised how many have incorrect data.
I'm not a modder and I have no insight how correct or incorrect some mods are. But, reconstructiong the engine's power curve from a given power curve at the end of the transimission chain (*) might be not THAT easy. I quickly googled and found a good read: http://www.superstreetonline.com/how-to/engine/modp-1005-drivetrain-power-loss .
Conclusion from the article is:
So rather than attempting to convert your vehicle's dyno-measured wheel horsepower to a SAE net horsepower figure using a percentage or a fixed horsepower value, you're far better off accepting the fact that these two types of horsepower measurements aren't easily correlated and forego any attempt at doing so.

(*) If I understand correctly, that is what AC is doing, including all losses, isn't it?

By no means I want to be a spoilsport. Maybe it's just something to be considered when looking at the figures.

I'd suggest you to remove those graphs if you don't want to make someone at Kunos a bit mad.
You mean, because the information is locked away inside an encrypted file? I think the information ist not that confidential and Kunos might already know, that some people are able to look into these files. IMO the intention counts and I can't see anything bad going on here :).

Attachments

• F458GT2.jpg
    F458GT2.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 897

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back