Resource icon

Misc AC - Disable Shadows Patcher 0.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
Did what you suggested looking at windows side of things. And Windows bloody Defender. So I opened Windows Defender security centre for the first time. And I see viruses and threat protection settings. And I turn off real-time protection. And the file downloaded straight away. D'OH bloody D'oh. Thank you @HopoToad .:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I found something interesting reapplying this patch to 1.15.2.. or should i say just before applying it... with shadows temporarily back on, and then repatching and shadows now back off.. the immersion with shadows off was so much better.... I think the shadows are so unnatural it was telling my brain it was wrong....

sadly windows defender started to think many golang programs are trojans. you would have to report it as a false positive and wait until they update it on all machines. for every update :(

since i also uploaded the source code of the tool, you either have to trust me and use the .exe or compile/run the tool via the source code yourself. sorry.

edit: here is a virustotal scan of the file: https://www.virustotal.com/#/file/f...66932e603bfa0f4f242c65cc57dbe1737fa/detection

it kind of makes sense they think its evil, since it rewrites the acs.exe file to patch out the shadows in the rendering code. a virus would act the same, except that it adds evil code, while we only change one byte in the acs.exe binary.

Last edited:
hi, considering the imminent release of the Assetto Corsa bonus pack scheduled for 20.12.2017, if a new version comes out, will this program be updated? It would be a shame not to be able to use it anymore. Hello

****. sorry guys. only able to update to 1.16.1 tomorrow morning (in 12 hours). will get the update out then though

edit: once they get 1.16.x stable again we all can enjoy it without daily updates again ;)
edit2: managed to make the 1.16.1 support now instead of in 12 hours. have fun.

Last edited:
Did what you suggested looking at windows side of things. And Windows bloody Defender. So I opened Windows Defender security centre for the first time. And I see viruses and threat protection settings. And I turn off real-time protection. And the file downloaded straight away. D'OH bloody D'oh. Thank you @HopoToad .:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Just put an exception to the file(s) you trust. Dont turn off your protection. Even as simple as going to a website can download viruses on your PC so always stay safe(r) even if its a hassle with 3d party files sometimes. :)

Just put an exception to the file(s) you trust. Dont turn off your protection. Even as simple as going to a website can download viruses on your PC so always stay safe(r) even if its a hassle with 3d party files sometimes. :)

Not possible to download if real time is running, download fails

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 306 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 204 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 155 7.8%
  • < 5 years