AC Console Preview "Engineered to Perfection"

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
505 Games and Kunos Simulazioni continue the drive towards Assetto Corsa's upcoming release on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 with a new console trailer featuring some of the finest content to be found in any racing game.

With a release date slated for June 2016, Kunos are firing up the promotional push before the studio take on the mighty Gran Turismo and Forza Motorsport franchise on PS4 and Xbox One respectively.

"Made with real manufacturer data and telemetry, the game provides pure driving realism in every area, from bespoke handling, to precision physics, to nearly 100 cars in meticulous detail. Drive dream cars from leading manufacturers on laser scanned real tracks, in the most realistic racing simulation there is..."

The PC version of Assetto Corsa recently reached version 1.5 to much acclaim among community members and the team behind the title are committed to continue advancing the game in what is already a highly competitive and crowded marketplace for sim racing enthusiasts.

With Project CARS recently releasing on both console and PC it will be interesting to see how Assetto Corsa faces up to its main cross platform rival in the coming months. Assetto Corsa is available to purchase right now on Steam for Windows PC and the console edition will be available in all good retailers June 2016.

RaceDepartment have a dedicated Assetto Corsa forum for news and discussion around all versions of the title as well as a substantial mods section for PC racers who wish to customise their edition of the game with new and interesting community-made content.

For those who wish to test their skills against fellow sim racers in a friendly and safe environment head on over to the Assetto Corsa Racing Club for regular events held for all skill levels across a variety of fun content.

Will you be buying AC on console when it releases? If so what is your console of choice? How do you think the game will stand up against rival Forza, Gran Turismo and PCARS? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited by a moderator:
Believe what you want, everything James has leaked has been verbatim from the mouth of a beta tester.
Ok fine, i base what i said on over a decade of closed beta testing with "dev skyping". That developers would share that kind of information (economy) with beta testers sounds incorrect to me unless they have a very close relationship. And that this trusted tester would share that kind of information with the public, breaking the NDA and going behind their backs, just seems strange.

Like with gods and aliens i of course cant know for certain, but neither can you, is all im saying. He said she said proves nothing.

I did some beta testing many years ago for two developers. On both occasions my experiences were "mixed". I am not a beta tester for AC though. I think the one problem with beta testing in general is the feeling that you need not upset the apple cart. A few of the guys I was testing with before got booted out because they said something or did something which the dev didn't like. There is almost a mindset of having to be a "yes man". I fed back what I could and actually they did make some changes on the stuff I brought up.

I did some beta testing many years ago for two developers. On both occasions my experiences were "mixed". I am not a beta tester for AC though. I think the one problem with beta testing in general is the feeling that you need not upset the apple cart. A few of the guys I was testing with before got booted out because they said something or did something which the dev didn't like. There is almost a mindset of having to be a "yes man". I fed back what I could and actually they did make some changes on the stuff I brought up.
depends ive been a tester for dozens of games now and never been kicked out of one but ive been pretty vocal to the devs of each game though that could be because I got close to the devs first.

I just can't see how this is going to do well up against forza, that has rain, night, porsche and a silky smooth interface. Sure the physics are great, but its going up against a heavyweight right there and in a market where i think not everyone really cares that much about the intricate handling of a car form 20 years ago. I could be wrong, and actually hope i am, because in my opinion Forza's realism has been getting worse and worse over the last 3 iterations, it sure is pretty, but to me its aimed at the short attention span generation, and thats one more thing AC does have going for it.

We'll see how well it does in the charts. I wont be holding my breath though.

I just can't see how this is going to do well up against forza, that has rain, night, porsche and a silky smooth interface. Sure the physics are great, but its going up against a heavyweight right there and in a market where i think not everyone really cares that much about the intricate handling of a car form 20 years ago. I could be wrong, and actually hope i am, because in my opinion Forza's realism has been getting worse and worse over the last 3 iterations, it sure is pretty, but to me its aimed at the short attention span generation, and thats one more thing AC does have going for it.

Well thats on the xbox, on the ps4 there is nfs and DC, nfs is short, DC has no devs.

re ps4: I guess the only like title is project cars? it could do well there then. I hope so, because more competition should give us better products. certainly more choice. Of course in reality it'll mean that gran tourismo 19 will just need to add some fandangle feature to put paid to that.

It won't sell nearly as much as Forza however that's to be expected and I doubt Kunos was ever thinking it would. AC is trying to cater to a smaller niche market of sim racers.

It won't sell nearly as much as Forza however that's to be expected and I doubt Kunos was ever thinking it would. AC is trying to cater to a smaller niche market of sim racers.

Fair point, i'd forgotten about the ps4, and its lack of racing titles. How much sim equipment is suitable for the xbone? I've completely left mine alone since getting my pc up to speed.

Fair point, i'd forgotten about the ps4, and its lack of racing titles. How much sim equipment is suitable for the xbone? I've completely left mine alone since getting my pc up to speed.

Wheel, pedals and shifter is about as hardcore as you can go on a console however that's still more hardcore than the average Forza player. Food for thought.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 138 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 191 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 377 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 517 38.8%