AC apps not visible while not driving

Hi, new user and new AC player here :)

I was wondering: I've been spoiled by years of Grand Prix 4 and GPxPatch, especially when it comes to watch AI-only racing which can be fun especially when installing historical mods (like the 2002 one for AC).

Now, it seems to me that you can't visualize any AC app when you're not driving. Is there a .ini setting somewhere (or an in-game one, or even through Content Manager) that allow you to visualize the right-hand app bar while you're watching an AI-only race?

Thanks a lot :)

Hi, new user and new AC player here :)

I was wondering: I've been spoiled by years of Grand Prix 4 and GPxPatch, especially when it comes to watch AI-only racing which can be fun especially when installing historical mods (like the 2002 one for AC).

Now, it seems to me that you can't visualize any AC app when you're not driving. Is there a .ini setting somewhere (or an in-game one, or even through Content Manager) that allow you to visualize the right-hand app bar while you're watching an AI-only race?

Thanks a lot :)

You have to enable them in settings in game, tick to enable them. Then when in the car move your mouse to the right hand of the screen to load the apps. HTH

Last edited:

But my question is different (already knew how to enable them normally). Let's say you're back in the pits and you want to watch the rest of a race with just the AI cars (by clicking on each ai pilot). In that case, you can't access the right-hand list of the apps, but some of them are interesting no matter what, like the leaderboard, or even user-created ones (for example, the map_display mod hosted on this very site).

I think the fact that the apps are not available when not driving is hard-coded, but maybe (and hopefully) I'm wrong.

SOLVED it myself, no problem :)

Basically, I missed the keyboard shortcut to sort between drivers (ctrl+ numpad 1 and 3): that way, I can start a race in "drive" mode, hand the car to the A.I., then switch between pilots while using external cameras and activate/deactivate any apps since I'm still in the original drive mode :thumbsup:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back