1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Abu Dhabi

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Dennis Phelan, Nov 13, 2014.

Which car for Thursdays race?

Poll closed Nov 16, 2014.
  1. Formula RaceRoom

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  2. F3000

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  3. FBMW

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. International Formula Master

8 vote(s)
    80.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium Member

Some of you know from being on TS Tuesday that next week's track is Abu Dhabi. Some have already downloaded the track from our resources and if you have you must download again if you did it before the track was updated yesterday! Some may have seen a server set up for Tuesdays race already as well.

I want your input as to which car we should be driving. Comments are welcome but the choice will be by the highest vote received by a car. I've just concluded testing on my own but I won't comment and will wait to vote :coffee:.

2. Björn

Björn
    Ävver et Hätz bliev he in Kölle

My vote's in for FRR - they were a blast (and attracted quite a crowd) at Hockenheim and thanks to a poor start and that curb, I'm still having unfinished business with these ;)

3. H34d5h07

H34d5h07
    No money, no team racing.

This must be the first track ever, that I have never had the pleasure to drive on.
    However. I still know it pretty well, thanks to Blancpain and various GT events from YouTube.

Since I am -9000 (yes, that's right, it's a minus :sneaky:) fan to open wheelers,
    I am not to keen to even test this combo.
    But, you never know. Sometimes you get surprised when you least expect it :D
    So, I will DL the track, and test it out with the various cars, and then make up my mind, come back and give my vote :cautious:

• Like Like x 1
  4. May we have a GT option? :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

:O_o:

• Haha Haha x 2
  6. H34d5h07

H34d5h07

Must say I agree with Nelson :whistling:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

How does GT cars at Mugello sound? :whistling:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Connor Caple

Connor Caple
    Slowest Racer in Town...

They're doing that in AC this weekend, if memory serves, @Dennis Phelan :p

I can't drive open wheelers that go too fast, same with some top end GT/LMP cars. My brain just misses braking points too much. I can just about handle a Nissan GTR, Evora GTC maybe an Audi. Even DTM feel a bit fast to me, but perhaps I'll cope better once I drive them a bit more. :giggle:

• Love Love x 1
  9. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

@Connor Caple the FBMW's are the slowest of the three, maybe cast a vote that way?

10. H34d5h07

H34d5h07

I say, why not have both? Like we always do? One day we use car A, next day we use B and so on.

Having options is good. We all have out favorites, and sometimes under certain circumstances we sign up depending on the amount of signs up there is already.

Like todays event at Macau. I despise the Minis (yeah yeah, sue me :sneaky:) but I still signed up due to the size of the grid. I think having options to choose a few different car classes is better, than just focusing on one.

11. Björn

Björn

We'll sure do that, with WTCC taking its turn on Tuesday and the usual Mini Friday (although it'll take place in Ledenon) - we're just searching for what people want to drive on Thursday, and since we're going to Abu Dhabi because F1's going there, there's a choice of three open wheelers (and the two not being chosen will have their appearance some time soon, anyway) :)

Or were you talking about multi-class open wheel action? Interesting thought, but I doubt we'll have the audience for it :D

12. H34d5h07

H34d5h07

Maybe I have misunderstood the whole idea.
    But I thought we were going to use open wheelers on Abu for one event only, and then move on to another track. Like it was supposed to be "a one time thing" only. Apologize if I judged incorrectly.

13. Björn

Björn

Heh, no worries - it's all about next week's regular Thursday race :)

The next few "special events" will likely be around christmas time ;)

14. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

So many views, so few votes :cautious:

15. Connor Caple

Connor Caple
    Slowest Racer in Town...

I'll vote, just because it's you @Dennis Phelan , but I cannot drive open wheelers - I just never learned how - so I'll go for the slowest option.

I just spin the damned things around or go headfirst into barriers with them all the time. :speechless:

16. Björn

Björn

In that case, watch out for Formula BMW (might as well be this event ;)) and Formula Master events, those are excellent entry-level open wheelers which should be controllable within a few training sessions :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  17. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

:confused: I forgot about the IFM's :redface::poop:

18. Is that going to be added to the poll? :D

19. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

The poll cannot be changed.
    Write in's now being accepted for IFM :D

20. Ok cool, that is what my vote goes to. Seeing as I have already submitted a vote for FBMW, deduct one from that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.