1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Absent physics file?

Discussion in 'Richard Burns Rally' started by Johan Sälgström, Sep 11, 2009.

1. Last night when running the RD event I got an "absent physics file" error from RSRBR when trying to start the first of the stages that used the "bad night" mode. After closing and reopening RSRBR I managed to get to that stage again, and got the exact same error the second time when trying to run the same stage (I think it was Mineshaft II. SS7 I believe?).

Before that it ran fine, and I also ran some stages solo earlier that day with night mode enabled and bad conditions, without problems. So, do you know what the cause may be? I guess I ought to reinstall the damn thing but it takes forever and I thought I'd ask in case there was another solution before doing so.

The worst part is that if it only happens online and in certain stages/modes, as it appears is the case, it will be a b**** trying to recreate the problem to be sure that it's gone...

Anyway, any inputs are welcome.
  2. not heard anyone talk about this kinda problem so far.... definitely sounds like a mis-installed update or something... i think yer best option is to go for a reinstall... :( then use the rallyesim site to setup a test session the same as ss7 from last night and hopefully it's gone away....
  3. I got the same error just a few minutes ago when trying to use the "damp" condition (playing solo). So yeah, redownload and reinstall seems the way to go. :)

edit: The reinstall seem to have fixed the problem. Thanks for the help.