ABS & Traction Assist

Many times i read statement saying ABS or Traction assist will actually slow people down .. now is that really true ??

Cause i found myself actually faster by at least 1 second if leave these 2 assists by default if the car has it say the BMW M3 GT2.

Thanks

Many times i read statement saying ABS or Traction assist will actually slow people down .. now is that really true ??

Cause i found myself actually faster by at least 1 second if leave these 2 assists by default if the car has it say the BMW M3 GT2.

Thanks
ABS limits the braking power, making braking less effective (and eventually slower) because you have to brake like 5-10 meters earlier.
TC limits acceleration power, making accelerating less effective (and eventually slower) because you will miss a few kph top speed getting out of the corners.

This ofcourse only applies when you have full car control (never lockup and never wheelspin) and in the end will save you a few tenths up to a few seconds depending on the track. So yes, it does slow you down, but only if you master the car ;)

ABS limits the braking power, making braking less effective (and eventually slower) because you have to brake like 5-10 meters earlier.
TC limits acceleration power, making accelerating less effective (and eventually slower) because you will miss a few kph top speed getting out of the corners.

An alien tier driver should be slower with TCS on. (unless the track grip is set crazy slick, then a bit of TCS might be faster)
Yeah i understand the theory but the thing is i currently doing BMW M3 GT2@Imola and i can do low 1m44s (TC ON) but only high 1m45s (TC OFF)

One more thing i should mention is that no matter TC ON or OFF my top speed remain 258km/h so looks like that "TC limits acceleration power" not happening in my case for whatever reason.

Same top speed but more than 1s different between TC ON/OFF. I confused :confused:

By the way I dont see myself causing any serious wheelspin doing the mention combo but thinking i might be too bad controlling the car without TC OFF hence lap time is slower compare to TC ON.

Even the slightest loss of traction can limit your laptimes.
You should compare some graphics about your topspeed etc.
Yeah guess you right but then the top speed is the same for sure no matter TC is ON or OFF according to RSR LiveTiming ..
Anyway i manage to lesser the time different right now, hopefully will able to beat my PB after few more try with TC OFF :)

One more thing i should mention is that no matter TC ON or OFF my top speed remain 258km/h so looks like that "TC limits acceleration power" not happening in my case for whatever reason.
Top speed is limited by drag, so acceleration won't ahev a major effect on GT2 cars.
In a perfect lap you are faster without assists, but more consistent running with it. Personally I am about 4 tenths faster without assists with the 458 GT2 at Spa, but no way I would run a race with it off.

Once your familiar with the M3 GT2. You will definitely be quicker with the assists left off. A tip is to practice from the deep end and have TC off and a low rear aero setting .It will help you a lot to master throttle response out of the corners. And it will get easier from there. And you might find once adapted you can run with a lower overall aero which is always faster for acceleration/top end.But Suspension setup is always the key though imo.btw its not always about topspeed at imola as most time is gained thru the bendy bits

I always turn off TC and ABS so I cant give you any numbers on it.

Though.. that more power from the engine/not limited by the TC taking away power from where wheelspin is calculated to appear, is not equal to "effective".
Wierd english, sorry. I think the whole point of ABS and TC is just that, effectivity.

How TC and ABS differs in different cars in AC, I dont know since I didnt try or read about it.. but in real life it will differ quite drastically depending on the cars system. A very effective high end ABS and TC should be close to impossible to compete with as a human.
Off course the highest setting of TC will hinder your acceleration. But theoretically it's not as black and white as TC and ABS is always slower. Look at quite funny videos of when they started forcing away TC in formula 1. Even the great Ayrton Senna kept spinning around on track and complained about it.

Another point worth mentioning.. I remember using TC in some GT2 car when building a setup for online racing quite a while ago, I realized I couldnt get the hang of my setup until I turned off TC and ABS, it become a hindrance in reading the signals from the car and I built a setup that was sooo bad when I finally turned off TC and ABS and I realized how wrong I had tweaked it..

Once your familiar with the M3 GT2. You will definitely be quicker with the assists left off. A tip is to practice from the deep end and have TC off and a low rear aero setting .It will help you a lot to master throttle response out of the corners. And it will get easier from there. And you might find once adapted you can run with a lower overall aero which is always faster for acceleration/top end.But Suspension setup is always the key though imo.btw its not always about topspeed at imola as most time is gained thru the bendy bits
Low rear aero setting in Imola ?? Wow that sound very difficult since some corner there really need high rear downforce to help turning fast :ninja:

Low rear aero setting in Imola ?? Wow that sound very difficult since some corner there really need high rear downforce to help turning fast :ninja:
Having a lower aero setup at Imola is not impossible.is just a matter of having a good suspension setup to match.I haven't had many races there but I think my aero was set to1-2 and was running consistent 1.44s. But faster times would easily possible with a bit more time on track

Having a lower aero setup at Imola is not impossible.is just a matter of having a good suspension setup to match.I haven't had many races there but I think my aero was set to1-2 and was running consistent 1.44s. But faster times would easily possible with a bit more time on track
Mmm i no good in suspension setup at all so higher aero is much easier for me in Imola driving that BMW M3 GT2 otherwise very often i lost control doing that left right chicane or that left downhill and then right right up hill with high speed ..
I believe i can at least go consistent mid 1.44s after few more practice but the current WR 1.42.9xx is just too fast for me :whistling:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 102 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 184 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 361 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 503 39.0%