ABS/break lockup

im having a horrendous time braking w/ the new gt3 cars; i dont know if this issue is present in the old ones or not yet as i havent checked. anyone else having the same??

in rf2 & gsc, even ACs (where brake pressure cant be set) modded open wheelers or cobra i dont have substantial issues with this. ive tried various break pressures, tried cutting brake sensitivity to 25%, always end up locking up & losing tons of time on the same sections of zandvoort. i cant string together 2 laps for the life of me.

so any advice or commiseration is really welcome.

to devs, when will ABS be implemented in R3E, either as an in-car (when appropriate) or in-game assist (ive noticed i can toggle auto/manual & something else in game) ?? i think a lot of its just due to being tired but have spent 20 of the last 30 minutes banging my head on the desk.

i go to iracing, same car/track, no issues...i do feel like -maybe- one turn on zandvoort is off enough to make me slower, but it could just be in my head. regardless the main issue is I SUCK AT BRAKING SO HARD, can anyone help?

stock g27 pedals, obviously...maybe time to invest in a spring mod, but truth is im hoping to hear this isnt just me.

Though I'm a fan of having the cars similar to the real cars, including the assists, please please, don't change the default and/or the way tires are locking up.
I did the first serious laps with the new update today and was desperate in the beginning! I locked up tires in each and every corner. But once you get used to it it's brilliant. At least with a load cell.

The downside, and that's a bit frustrating, AI seems to have ABS enabled ;) No smoke, no locking tires...

Maybe, just add an optional switch, as suggested.

the thing is, as i understand it, youre always going to be able to adjust with load cell, & brakes will still lock up as long as you have 100% brake pressure which you should. i dont think "dont change anything bc this is good for me" is a good argument.

locking at 20% travel seems sortve ridiculous. if tire wear was a significant factor im not sure this would be truly playable with regular g27 pedals.

the thing is, as i understand it, youre always going to be able to adjust with load cell, & brakes will still lock up as long as you have 100% brake pressure which you should. i dont think "dont change anything bc this is good for me" is a good argument.

locking at 20% travel seems sortve ridiculous. if tire wear was a significant factor im not sure this would be truly playable with regular g27 pedals.

This is not true. Using 100% brake pressure and using 80% brake travel wont lock up the brakes. U only lock up with 100% and 100% brake travel in the last meters. Just ease off the brake input while u slow down.

Interestingly, @Mark Reynolds or @Marko Hartikainen please correct me if i am wrong, we removed the ABS from the ADAC GT Masters based on the feedback we received from the community as they found it to difficult to lockup a tire.

Right now its a black or white situation, the cars either have ABS enabled or don't. And I believe the guys are looking into making it proper. And providing default based on the real cars, so if the real cars have it, the cars should have it on by default.

Yup thats right Jay, cars currently have no background ABS in ADAC, you can however still turn on the ABS in the aids, we will be fixing this as Jay says so that the real cars which have adjustable or fixed ABS get the correct adjustable or non adjustable feature, and mappable from your driving controls where applicable at some point.

I really have to stamp on the brake on my Clubsport v2's to lock up, and that's with 95% braking force in the car setup. The benefit of a good pedal set I suppose.
Yup, works great on the V2's i'm using here as well actually.

I'm using ClubSport V2s with pressure set to 100% it's its almost impossible for me to lock up. Is there an extra ABS setting I'm missing somewhere or is it car class specific?
You might want to wind up the adjuster on the pedals to max sensitivity, you can also boost the brake sensitivity in the controller/advanced options in game, I typically use 40% for the throttle to give me a longer smoother throttle, and 100% on the brake because the V2 provides so much feel, you then also want to drop into the car setup and boost brake pressure to 100% if you like brakes which lock up more :)

... so that the real cars which have adjustable or fixed ABS get the correct adjustable or non adjustable feature, and mappable from your driving controls where applicable at some point.

That sounds great and gives everyone the choice depending on their preferences and/or paddles they use.
A question: I don't know if it's just because I'm getting used to it or if it's embedded into the physics. Do the breaks lock up earlier when they and the tires are cold? It seems to me it happens more often on the first one or two laps. Maybe I'm totally wrong and just need two laps to find the right pressure for not locking them up;)

Thats the point.....it depends also what load has the loadcell of the brake pedals...
I use the csp v2, only gt masters cars which dont have abs lock up at low speed
Standard gt3 class don't lock up
However being fast for me is harder for me with gt masters cars
A option to turn on/off the abs would be nice

I think it would make sense to have ABS available like in real. I tried out the Z4 in some MP races and was wondering why the GT Masters Z4 is so much more nervous than the normal GTR3 Z4 when breaking. On the other side I like the challenge on the brakes.

That sounds great and gives everyone the choice depending on their preferences and/or paddles they use.
A question: I don't know if it's just because I'm getting used to it or if it's embedded into the physics. Do the breaks lock up earlier when they and the tires are cold? It seems to me it happens more often on the first one or two laps. Maybe I'm totally wrong and just need two laps to find the right pressure for not locking them up;)

We model brake temps and warm-up still at the moment :) , this is what you are experiencing.

I know this is an old thread.

I use the DFGT set. Seems like Fanatec is out of stock on most of what I need.

with DTM experience cars I use 100% break pressure and 0% sensitivity, 0% dead zone

Driving in Get Real mode, I rarely lock up the brakes (yay!) But I also have to stomp on the pedal to get stopped - which helps me to simulate a firm brake pedal. Using the same settings, with non-DTM experience cars, the brakes lockup at about 50%-80% brake pedal travel (depending on the car) and I can't seem to make game adjustments to decrease the sensitivity.

Also, braking distances seem inconsisent from lap to lap. If this is based on brake temperature, is there some way of getting some type of on-screen info on the brake temps?

Lastly, if the real life cars have ABS/TC, how about have that as the default setting in Get Real mode so we can actually "get real" and anyone wanting the extra challenge of not using those features - they can turn them off.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 322 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 222 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 214 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 165 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 281 13.5%