About to place some orders... need some opinions guy's!

Today I will be setting up my DIY pod that I have been working on the past few day's. Since I'm going to have a much better set up now I decided to do some hardware upgrades.

I am currently using the DFGT with the pedals that comes with it.

Scenario 1: Clubsport pedals with a SST shifter and keeping the DFGT as my wheel for the time being. This configuration will work fine on my PC but when I use GT5 I will have to go back to the standard DFGT setup. Also I was thinking by going this route it will leave my options open for a wheel upgrade in the future. Like a ECCI Trackstar 7000, GT2 Porsche wheel or the new thrustmaster once things are sorted out with defective wheels that I'm reading about.

Scenario 2: Clubsport pedals with fanatec shifter set and the GT3 RS V2 wheel. Pretty much the hole fanatec setup but I'm scared to death to order all that stuff from them! lol.. the shifter set isn't even available yet in the US. I'll take my chances with the clubsport pedals only because I've been reading a lot about how happy people are with them.

Scenario 3: G27 with Nixim Brake mod and a chilicoke custom wheel adapter so I can put a real wheel on it. Although I don't know how much this will affect the FF and what not. The perfect pedal mod is to much at 250.00 so the nixim looks like the most economical. Also on Amazon they have the G27 for 300.00 but then it says "usually ships in 1 to 3 months"
indifferent.gif

Anyway guy's thanks for any input as I try and make up my mind today

I'm not going to comment on the GT3RS V2 wheel yet (the replacement they sent me has been fine until the past week...see this post for details).

Regarding the Clubsport Pedals, I can say they are really excellent. I've had no problems with them at all. I've also been tweaking them with the Tuning Kit and have never had such great control over any cars in any sim. I'd highly recommend them.

(More info...)

I'd definitely agree with Nigel's suggestion below about inverting the CSP's. I did that a few weeks ago and it adds a lot of realism (at least for me). It's also pretty straightforward, and there's a great article that shows step-by-step directions.

Upvote 0
i can give an easy answer to your 1st scenario: get the CSP`s and invert them in your pod, then you should be able to still use your DFGT pedals mounted on the foot plate leaving the CSP`s in place. i use the Fanatec H shifter & although its better than the G25/27 shifter its still feels cheap and does made a load click so i would get the SST shifter.

Scenario 2: i`m very happy with my turbo s, but dont know anything about the GT3

Scenario 3: i would still get the CSP`s and mount as in scenario 1 & the G27 is a nice wheel.

Upvote 0
i can give an easy answer to your 1st scenario: get the CSP`s and invert them in your pod, then you should be able to still use your DFGT pedals mounted on the foot plate leaving the CSP`s in place.

Thanks so much for the idea!!! I just got done modifications to my pod so I can invert the pedals or have them sitting on the lower angled position. Basically I now have the option just buy unscrewing 4 screws. There will be some pics in another thread I posted of the finished product.

Still haven't made up my mind though on which hardware to go with! lol.. This is tough!

Upvote 0
Here's my plan I'm thinking...

I just recieved a 20% coupon from Logitech for registering a mouse I bought a while back. I'm going to go ahead and order the CSP from fanatec (Wish me luck) then when the G27 is available again on Logitechs website I'll order it with my coupon.

I'll make do with the logitech shifter till more money for my hobby is available and with the G27 setup running GT5 won't be a problem with the logitech pedals.

I just really like the idea of being able to mod the wheel to a real size wheel and the G27/25 is so popular that people are coming out with all sorts of ideas to improve the setup. Just more to tinker around with and make my setup unique to my liking!

Upvote 0

Latest News

Back