1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

About the game loosing fps performance suddenly...

Discussion in 'F1 2011 - The Game' started by cueceleches, Mar 24, 2012.

1. Hi!

As I´ve been able to read almost everywhere in the net, many people experience sudden FPS loss with no apparent reason. It´s happened to me. For months it ran smooth as silk at high settings despite my rather humble rig, and suddenly, a couple of months ago, it started to get choppy.
    At first, I thought it was software related. I uninstalled the game a few times, tried installing in a new HDD, to no avail.
    So, I looked at hardware related problems, tweaking my GPU, etc...to no avail. Still the same, got average 20 FPS on the monaco banchmark.
    For many weeks, I read all F12011 forums, and tried all possible solutions, but nothing, and my despair increased considerably.
    But yesterday, I came to a thread of a guy with a system pretty much the same as mine (Q6600 @ 2.4GHZ, HD5870, WinXP, 4GB RAM) who said his problem was as simple as a dirty PCI sock and dusty GPU vent and air intakes...

This morning, I opened my rig, got the GPU out, and I can tell you it was dirty... I cleaned everything deeply, and booted the system again. First thing I noticed was my GPU idle temps going from 60-62º to 50º. Great!
    I started F12011, made a new monaco benchmark and voilà!! My average FPS on the benchmark went from low 20s to 30s! with a minimum of 23 while before I got a minimum of 13! And GPU temps at full didn´t get past 69º while before it could easily go to the 80sº.

So, if any of you suffer from this, just try to clean everything up. It´s well worth a try, as it may help a lot as it did for me.

• Like Like x 1