About payment methods

I'm thinking of something that steam rises from, whenever Steam is mentioned, Retail please.

Honestly I don't see how steam is bad , It was bad when it first came out I have been using it since the very first version which was terrible. But now it works fantastic and there are loads of games that I would not play if it was not for having them easy to access on steam.

I have a box full of 100 or so games some of them i would still play but its to much of a pain to get the disk out type in the CD key and patch them each time. where as with steam i can just login and DL and play any game i want right away.

Add to that the large sales they have 3 or so times a year you can pick up games you are not sure about and give them ago for very cheep.

You also have the advantages of the community platform allowing you to join friends games allot faster , I still play GTR Evo and can easily get friends that have it to DL it for a game that night where as I will never convince a friend to install a game just for one night of playing.

If RBR was on steam for example I would have played it allot more than I do , even though I love it every time I reformat its a pain to have to grab the disk to install it and find the random patches hidden on-line.

Even when you have a disk of a game you still "own" that game as much as you would if you have digital copy of it the only exception might be for specific single player games , but given that the most fun to be had in driving simulations is on-line with real people you are always going to need internet regardless.

Sure if every publisher starts to use there own platform then everything can get a bit of a choir , having said that its not that much of a pain to use origin for BF3 and Oragin is a bag of S**T.

Id also much rather have Steam for DRM than some convoluted BS internal game system such that is found in most ubisoft games.

Anyway don't see the issue with steam :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back