About Magione @ KTM XBOW R

Currently practicing this combo and i encounter tire temp problem, no matter how many laps i do the tire wont go into ideal temp (75-105°C) according to Danny Giusa's Tyre_Temp-1.6.2. The max only around 60°C++ .. increase negative camber / toe in / very low tire pressure only help abit but never over 65°C.

So any other way i can do to get the ideal tire temp ??

Thanks

Last edited:
It's important to keep in mind the track characteristics. Magione is a very difficult track to get the tyres up to temperature because it doesn't have any medium or high speed corners, they're all low speed 2nd/3rd gear corners, so the tyres are never being placed under any significant loading.

It's important to keep in mind the track characteristics. Magione is a very difficult track to get the tyres up to temperature because it doesn't have any medium or high speed corners, they're all low speed 2nd/3rd gear corners, so the tyres are never being placed under any significant loading.
Ok at least i now know i not doing anything wrong about the tire temp.

Any tips on driving this car ?? Not sure how to push this car, currently 2s slower than WR.

I have actually got quite a bit of experience in it, however I've not driven it in a while. The main key I found is controlling the rear end. It likes to oversteer a lot, and racing-101 states that going sideways through a corner is not the quickest way. :D

I have actually got quite a bit of experience in it, however I've not driven it in a while. The main key I found is controlling the rear end. It likes to oversteer a lot, and racing-101 states that going sideways through a corner is not the quickest way. :D
Yeah exactly; The rear end oversteer alot .. its like very hard to get a proper speed to make it turn fast but not oversteer ..

I myself found that make the car slide thru corner (the tire making some "not sure how people call that" sound) actually faster but its just very hard to do properly thru every corner without mistake.

Need lot more practice i guess.

It's a known issue in AC that a lot of cars have tires that aren't getting up to temps and that even extreme camber doesn't have much (if any) effect on temp or wear. The cars with V6 tires seem to mostly keep heat but not all of them. Some friends and I are currently building a database of which cars have tires that keep heat and which ones don't. Hope it gets fixed sooner than later.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back