F1 2016 About diff. and camber

F1 2016 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi, could someone more expert in setup than me, explain how does work differential, difference between throttle off and on, so as to have more grip in corners.
About camber, more negative should have more grip, but in many posted setups I see
that often they prefer less negative.
I am confused

Regarding camber: it's the angle the wheel have from the vertical plane.
CAMBER~2.jpg

The angle of the wheel allows the tyre to have his bottom plane parallel to the tarmac when the suspension is compressed under heavy loads in corners: the more parallel the wheel is with the tarmac the more grip it has because has more surface on contact.

Circuits with fast corners AND a lot of downforce needs higher cambers, circuits with low downforce or slow corners need to have less cambers to have the wheel parallel to the tarmac in corners.

Diff: a low on throttle means less power is applied less quickly to the wheels and will result in less chance of spinning when you tromp on the accelerator. A high off throttle means power to the wheels won't drop as drastically and as quickly when you let off the accelerator. So if you are a crap driver like me, a lower on throttle will mean less chance of spinning the tires leaving a corner and a high on throttle will mean less chance of spinning when you let off the throttle when decelerating. I don't notice the effect as much in F1 2016 as I do when I drive some of the older (1960s) cars in RFactor2. I should say I BELIEVE this is the way it works in F1 2016...someone I'm sure will straighten me out if I have it backwards.

Thank-you mates, indeed car setup in this game seems to be quite useless since you can achieve
excellent laptimes with so different setups, as I see in that section of the forum.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 98 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 177 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 493 39.3%