Abarth TCR vs Healey Sprite @Huachalalume - Thu 17th Jan 2013

flyertc65.jpg

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL
Class: Abarth 1000 TCR (Download) + Required Soundpack (Download) vs Healey Sprite(Download)
Track: Huachalalume Gp Circuit (Download )

See Main Forum for Official Race Time Clock
Practice start time: GMT 20.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.30 (20 Laps)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Practice start time: GMT 21.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 21.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 21.30 (20 Laps)

Note 1: Skins that come with the Mods Only
Note 2: Odd number sign ups = Abarth Race1/Sprite Race2, Even number sign ups = vice versa
Note 2: We are using the SIMBIN lobby for this event. See here how to switch lobby

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  1. Rupe Wilson - Abarth / Sprite
  2. Carlos Diaz - Sprite / Abarth
  3. Jack Smith - Abarth / Sprite
  4. Hans Sneep - Sprite / Abarth
  5. Arnaldo da Anunciação Junior - Abarth / Sprite
  6. Knut Omdal Tveito - Sprite / Abarth
  7. Len Murray - Abarth / Sprite
  8. Guus Verver - Sprite / Abarth
  9. Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan - Abarth / Sprite
  10. Peter van Zanten - Sprite / Abarth
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
Rules:

This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

Had a lot of fun, thanks guys :)

In race 1 I had some nice battles with Knut, but the Sprite was an absolute nightmare. Sometimes it just pulled to one side under braking, putting me on the grass. I had many offs and spins and I decided to stop out of frustration.
The Abarth was a very pleasant surprise, its one of the most fun to drive cars I have driven in a sim so far. I had a great time in race 2 just driving it, and Knut slowly catching up with me made it even better. I had to brake to avoid hitting a backmarker in front of me who had a little off, which allowed Knut to catch up all the way. Last few laps were pretty tense trying to keep Knut behind, but I managed.I will definitely join more GTL club events in the future :)

The group was a little small to what weve experienced of late, but it was still good fun,
Im sorry to Len that we could'nt find a solution to the problem its a bit hard trying to figure things out so close to the race time,

I have said a few times please don't leave it until the last moment before coming onto the server its usually open the day before the club race and sometimes sooner. Then we have time to try and find a solution to a problem if you cant get in the server,

So back to the Race, I was not going to do qually as i had the Abarth and set a good quick time
and with a small group it was no problem starting from the rear, i also was still last minute checking to help Len and Carlos who also ran into a problem.. But Jack Smith had found some speed and had stuck his Abarth on POLE :thumbsup: so no pressure Jack,, A clear track in front and he wasnt going to let this opportunity slip.. We set off for the start and Jack was gone.. he was leaving us all standing ...:speechless: by the time i had worked my way through to 2nd he was 10 seconds up the road with about 15 laps to go... the chase was on..
i had Guus and Knut behind me in there own little battle. So i was free to chase the old man down..
MMMM, slight problem Jack was on fire he was proving hard to catch.. maybe my start from the rear was a bad move but it made it interesting to say the least..
I was catching but pushing hard and a few little slides didint help
The closest i got was about 3 second's and then a big slide took me back a couple of seconds and Jack held his nerve and took the win...

JACK SMITH YOU ARE A WINNER:)

Race 2.
Time for some fun in the sprite, i knew i was'nt as quick in this car but for some reason i was really struggling. at times in practice i was 2 seconds slower than my abarth time,, were as in testing i had about half a second .. So sorry to all racers if the track was not the best suited for what i usually a well matched set of cars:redface: I had matched the times Guus had set in the sprite form race 1 in testing also and my Arbath time was fairly close....
But it still made a fun race even if the group was small..
i set off from the rear again why change it was fun doing so in the first race and i was soon gifted a few place due to some going off and running wide. Its a 20 lap race take it easy on the first few laps let you tyres come to temp and get used to the cars around you.. As i came into the one corner i got all crossed and decided to hit the grass so i didnt hit the car in front.. and set off from the rear again.. within a few laps i could see my Jack in the same car up the road and it was, HERE WE GO AGAIN TIME.. but this time i was able to get on his bumper and have a great race.
We both made the odd mistake but we were both having a ball..i got along side a few time but was on the outside for the next corner so tucked back behind. in the second of the left handers Jack had a different gear ratio to me and every lap pulled away but i was able to catch him in the last 2 corners for the drag down the straight.. Lap after lap we battled and boy was it fun..
Looked like Guus and Knut were having the same fun for the battle for 1st, but they were long gone up the road...So that was how it finished, both race looking at Jack's arse as he crossed the line:D .. Good fun, good racing from Jack, made for a good night, even if the cars were not best matched for this track...,And nice one Guus.

i see you signed for the league:thumbsup:

Len Murray I don't know what the problem was im still trying to figure it out..
if you game is working and the files have not been changed you should be able to join the server,,
have you done anything to alter your game..
Maybe a clean install is the quickest route for this there is the help section with a quick list to help you do this.. ( CLICK ) Let us know so we can help if needed ..:)

That was great fun! I really like this track and the two cars were challenging in their own ways. Had some good racing with Guus in both races. Great driving, very fast and very clean:thumbsup: I have to apologize for a few moments in R1 though. I was getting used to my shifter again and a few times I accidentally hit the pit limiter or wrong button instead of shifting:sleep: So suddenly I slowed down a little while you were right at my tail. But there was no contact at all and you even let me keep my position:) Grats Jack and Guus for the wins!

A short story,
How to search something with Google an end on your own door step ! (Long name for a short story,sorry:))

Last Monday evening on the server to do some testing on a new track with a difficult name together with Rupe an Jack,was looking for a setup in the folders an saw that the setupfolder had a different name then the trackname ? "Lasarena" strange bud not a big deal.

This morning was busy making screenshots from the Dakar route for today to placing them on my FB page en seeing the name of the Finnish place "La Sarena" Chili ! That look familiar so starting up Google, searching for the trackname bud no luck I think Google had an offday after a while found that the track exist an later found a picture of it, now it begins I click on the pic an you never belief were it ended, Just here on the RaceDepartment download site there it was,
Autodromos Juvenal Geraldo de Huachalalume !! Can you belief it ? It's a truth Story!!:cool:

Now for something completely different: the race,
During testing on Monday was helping Jack with his setup for the Abarth to shorten his gears
Well you all have seen where that have lead to Pole an Win :) WD JACK !!

My race was starting great second place on the grid with the Sprite ,bud that was only for one lap, last corners slip of to the inside on the grass an the whole field going by before I could continue the race, so last place bud wat a big fun it was,great track an the Sprite is FUN.
Finish on p4 I think bud who cares !!

Race two, Abarth in love with the TCR it has that wat the TC is missing SPEED..
Second time P2 on the grid an all most the same story, having fun an racing behind a Sprite bud no way to pass, finn on p7 bud who...... it was good Fun an Racing !!

Thanks to Rupe an Stuart an All for a nice race evening !!
ps not that short really..:D

What can I say that has not been said ... oh ya... I won Race 1 in case no one noticed.:p. And to start in pole ...wow unbelieveable... and to hang in there to the end...unheard of... and to win..extraordinary...to be apart of a special group of racers...priceless.:cool:

All in good fun. I really liked the track and it suited the cars but the Abarth was a bit more nimble. WD to podiums..ooops can't say that this time. Wd Guus and company. Thanks Rupe for the event and fun racing.

Cheers to all drivers.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back