Abarth @ Prato Full GP - Tuesday January 26th 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
30tta1y.jpg

netKar PRO is back @ RD. We are kicking it off with the tiny mighty Abarth at the wonderful track of Prato!

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM
Simulation: netKar PRO 1.1 beta 3 click here to purchase online for EUR 19.90
Class: 500 Abarth
Track: Prato Full GP
Weather: Dry

Start: 20:00 GMT
Practice: 30 mins
Qualification: 30 mins
Race: 17 laps

Notes: Click here to read the password and golden rules

Race Report

Practice:
Did a few laps with Ramon the other day and he was already super fast! But his BVM teammate Daniel Plaikner and Sam Simpson were a league of their own, djeez guys what a pace :)

Qualy:
P3 after a strong battle on all positions i guess. Field was nice and close! Great to see some new faces @ RD!

Race:
Had great start and turboed into P2 chasing Daniel who was in the lead. Overtook him in the first lap and immediately the nerves kick in (mental tyrewear, psychological griploss, you know :)) and failed miserably in cornering the car. The D+S train immediately took over control and powered off never to be seen again.
Though i had an awesome race for the third position with Cedric Lagneau. I think we battled from lap 3 to the finish contstantly swapping positions. Really enjoyed this night with you guys on track!

See you next week!! :drool:

Oh God! It's Attwood again. :eh: I have to say that if that was a first for many people then I'm delighted by the standard. I'm talking speed here either. It was an absolute pleasure. :D
Are you open to suggestions? No? Tough. :D
1: Start on time.
2: 15 minutes qualifying is plenty. After all we've been tooling around for 1/2 hour or more already
3: The 'Wait' times between sessions need shortening 60-45-60 is plenty.
I say this with love. :veryhappy:

/I'll get me coat. :(

Great race! Had a bad start when Patrick didn't move off (what happened there???), but eventually caught up and spent most of the race just behind Ron and swapping places with Tobias - who was way quicker than me but had a few offs! Then went off around lap 11 and Ron disappeared into the distance and Tobias got past again, until he went wide at the last corner and we were then neck and neck down the finish straight! Think I just edged it, but does anyone know for sure???
Great race guys, thanks alot RD!

great sim :)

Qualy:
30mins qualy and I was only at the pits for fuel :D finaly in the last lap I did my pb 1:42:9xx :p

Race:
Pole.
Start was ok but Bram was close behind me. The long left I missed the entry a bit and had to lift throttle a bit and Bram passed me into the next turn :ooh: I was close on his tale and after Bram lost his car I was back on P1. Sam all the time a few seconds behind me in the mirror.
Enjoed driving that car :)

thx RD

First race from RD and no problem at all.

Nice battle with Bram Hengeveld for the third place :) Position has changed each lap with great fair-play and no car hit. Very funny race.

Someone can send me the replay on lagneau.cedric '@' gmail.com ? Thanks

I'll be here on the next week.

There is a little problem with netKar pro : the final classification disappear too quickly...

Yep Patrick didn't move . :boohoo:
On the start grid i had a big problem, suddenly no steering, throttle, breaks nothing.
Don't know what happened , left the game and connected again.
Then my G25 did what it should do .
So with already 3 laps behind the rest of the pack i started my race.
Could manage the pace of Bram and Cedric till the end , and was witness of a nice battle. :veryhappy:
After all this is fun, i like netKar Pro.
See you next week.

First real online race with nKP - for me more an evaluating of the game habits in online play, because I experienced in the Abarth demo huge lags - which would be a show stopper for me. Whatever setting the server had yesterday, please backup it Bram! No Lags, great wheel to wheel battles, thx for setting up this event.
As I'm very new to this game and car, I was only looking for some fun - this worked out perfectly. I wasn't comfortable with the game UI and whenever I looked at the timing I spun out. :) So I was dead last and had some funny car battles with James and Ron.

See you in the next events.

Fantastic little cars, great fun to throw around, and surprisingly stable after a few setup tweeks, couldn't get near Daniels pace but I gave it all I had anyway, chased him as fast as I could go, the gap swung back n forth for most of the race until a couple of laps before the end when I started to get tired and he managed to pull out another couple of seconds, absolutely brilliant night apart from my game crashing twice, once in practice and again just after we had rolled over from race, a couple of stutters mid race that were nothing more than disconcerting, I did notice that they occured when someone retired or rejoined, didn't make life too difficult or spoil my enjoyment any, I will definately try to make more races if they don't conflict with anything else here.

A BIG Thanks to the racers for fair and fun racing and the Admin for getting this together, I only bought the game a few days ago on a whim, wanted to try the Abarth properly, the Italian Demo version was just too confusing to setup, and it looks like it will not be regretted anytime soon, the Sim does deserve a better press than it has had in the past, roll on the final version, I'll be waiting.

Sam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 296 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 204 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years