AC Abarth 500 S1 @ Vallelunga Club - Monday 16 November 2015

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
A nice race. Sorry to (I dont know who but he will surely recognize himself) i hit in the last turn just before last lap.

Sorry to see u go Ricardo, i wonder who will help me to find the breaking points on the track. ;)

And congrates for the good new.
Huhu, it was me :D

-

From practice on the times were really close, everyone within a second, most of us within half a second.
I could improve my laptimes slowly but surely throughout practice, beating the practice time in my first qualifying lap already, which i could improve in the last minutes of the quali session.
Sadly i didnt managed to beat the 1 minute mark, i was 0.006 too slow.
With about half a second behind the pole-sitter i still started from far behind, but i was confident in the first corner and could have made 2 or 3 positions.
In front of me, two cars collided and i had to slow down and lost much time.

Due to the close field infront i could catch up and could do a nice overtake, driving side by side for a long time.
After that, i pushed to catch another driver, i was a bit faster but couldnt manage to beat him. In the hairpin someone spun or collided with someone. Drivers in front of me had to take a worse line than i could, pushing me into 6th place. 5th place was too far away due to the hairpin incident.
Behind me was the driver who was in front of me before the hairpin thing, this time he was faster and managed o get me in a confident move, also driving side by side for a looong time during the overtake.
He did a small mistake after that, so i could re-overtake him after a small fight.
Behind me was a group of 4 or 5 drivers who were just a tad faster than me, leading to extremely nice fights. With these cars there were lots of side-by-side moments, overtakes, position changes.
I focused on defending, because i was just a bit slower. That sometimes lead into a really bunched up group of us. I think we all had a great time, cause there was absolutely no contact.
2 laps before the race ended i was overtaken more or less, slightly touched his side though, said sorry and dropped behind him. Due to that i had a bad exit, there was another small touch, i said sorry again and wanted to let him through in the last corner. The contacts were absolutely nothing major, so it all was still ok.
But these two things happened in the tricky chicane, so i might have braked just a tad too early.
I was hit quite heavily from behind and lost everything. Tried to keep Fred behind me but couldnt due to dirty tyres.

In the end, it was a fantastic event, i think we all really enjoyed it.
The only contacts were the one at the start between Ricardo and a light blue Abarth, the hairpin thing and the contact between me and Freddo at the end.

The fights though... The fights... :confused:
Really good!

Love RD, you always have one to gith with and its always incredibly fair and intense.:thumbsup:

Edit: How the hell did i manage to spell "fight" "gith"?

Last edited:
Huhu, it was me :D

-

From practice on the times were really close, everyone within a second, most of us within half a second.
I could improve my laptimes slowly but surely throughout practice, beating the practice time in my first qualifying lap already, which i could improve in the last minutes of the quali session.
Sadly i didnt managed to beat the 1 minute mark, i was 0.006 too slow.
With about half a second behind the pole-sitter i still started from far behind, but i was confident in the first corner and could have made 2 or 3 positions.
In front of me, two cars collided and i had to slow down and lost much time.

Due to the close field infront i could catch up and could do a nice overtake, driving side by side for a long time.
After that, i pushed to catch another driver, i was a bit faster but couldnt manage to beat him. In the hairpin someone spun or collided with someone. Drivers in front of me had to take a worse line than i could, pushing me into 6th place. 5th place was too far away due to the hairpin incident.
Behind me was the driver who was in front of me before the hairpin thing, this time he was faster and managed o get me in a confident move, also driving side by side for a looong time during the overtake.
He did a small mistake after that, so i could re-overtake him after a small fight.
Behind me was a group of 4 or 5 drivers who were just a tad faster than me, leading to extremely nice fights. With these cars there were lots of side-by-side moments, overtakes, position changes.
I focused on defending, because i was just a bit slower. That sometimes lead into a really bunched up group of us. I think we all had a great time, cause there was absolutely no contact.
2 laps before the race ended i was overtaken more or less, slightly touched his side though, said sorry and dropped behind him. Due to that i had a bad exit, there was another small touch, i said sorry again and wanted to let him through in the last corner. The contacts were absolutely nothing major, so it all was still ok.
But these two things happened in the tricky chicane, so i might have braked just a tad too early.
I was hit quite heavily from behind and lost everything. Tried to keep Fred behind me but couldnt due to dirty tyres.

In the end, it was a fantastic event, i think we all really enjoyed it.
The only contacts were the one at the start between Ricardo and a light blue Abarth, the hairpin thing and the contact between me and Freddo at the end.

The fights though... The fights... :confused:
Really good!

Love RD, you always have one to gith with and its always incredibly fair and intense.:thumbsup:
Also had a good one :)
First of all: Survived the first lap and lost only one place:thumbsup::D:roflmao:
Could get it back after some time with a little sneaky move but without contact :whistling:
While fighting for a long time to defent against arkoudadis martin sneaked on us!
But finally could open a gap and was confident but @Arkoudadis and @Martin Faber came back quickly in a double pack.
Few smaller mistakes and arkoudadis could pass me again and martin tried to slip by as well!:confused: Could hold him back a bit but not for long :sneaky: As he past me he pushed me off track a bit but no problem. He quickly engaged a dogfight with arkoudadis and I saw my chance to sneak on myself...but they fought on a better pace than I did and it took me long but finally we were a pack of three avain :inlove::D However missed some chances to overtake anf finally martin proofed most consistent of us :thumbsup:

Tried to pass arkoudadis till the end but missed first turn in penultimate lap and couldn't make it anymore:rolleyes:

Anyhow, one of the most intense races I had :thumbsup: Was also very satisfied with qualy :)
No one should dare to say these abarths are boring :devilish::D

Also had a good one :)
First of all: Survived the first lap and lost only one place:thumbsup::D:roflmao:
Could get it back after some time with a little sneaky move but without contact :whistling:
While fighting for a long time to defent against arkoudadis martin sneaked on us!
But finally could open a gap and was confident but @Arkoudadis and @Martin Faber came back quickly in a double pack.
Few smaller mistakes and arkoudadis could pass me again and martin tried to slip by as well!:confused: Could hold him back a bit but not for long :sneaky: As he past me he pushed me off track a bit but no problem. He quickly engaged a dogfight with arkoudadis and I saw my chance to sneak on myself...but they fought on a better pace than I did and it took me long but finally we were a pack of three avain :inlove::D However missed some chances to overtake anf finally martin proofed most consistent of us :thumbsup:

Tried to pass arkoudadis till the end but missed first turn in penultimate lap and couldn't make it anymore:rolleyes:

Anyhow, one of the most intense races I had :thumbsup: Was also very satisfied with qualy :)
No one should dare to say these abarths are boring :devilish::D
Pfew... what a race was this! Holy S@#t.. and what a quali! All of us within a second! And what a battle we had @Herbie ! I truly thought you had enough space there when we were going on the straight!
After seen the replay I should have given you a bit more space. Should have gone a bit to the right there! :( But hey, that's also a part of racing, driving these little gadgets on the edge! Just loved this race bigtime! :)

Pfew... what a race was this! Holy S@#t.. and what a quali! All of us within a second! And what a battle we had @Herbie ! I truly thought you had enough space there when we were going on the straight!
After seen the replay I should have given you a bit more space. Should have gone a bit to the right there! :( But hey, that's also a part of racing, driving these little gadgets on the edge! Just loved this race bigtime! :)
As I said, was no big deal and not "game braking" at all ;) I also saw of course that it will be close but didn't want to back up there as well :sneaky::D
Qualy was great yeah! Had it a couple of times that I could achieve some good times in training (always have to train before 'cause don't have that much time on race evening) but seldom could convert it in qualy! But this time bham! second behind @Geof is an honor :D
This time I did not forget to train on green track :rolleyes: maybe this made the difference :geek:

This time I did not forget to train on green track :rolleyes: maybe this made the difference :geek:

I have gotten to the point where every time I go and practice I set the track to either 95 or 96% grip. The only time I use optimal track is if I am trying to do a fast time for RSR. I think it helps a lot. Easier to adjust to increasing grip than to practice at 100%, and then adjust to 95%.

HINT:
go into assettocorsa/cfg/tracks.ini file and enter something like this :

Code:
[95]
SESSION_START=95
SESSION_TRANSFER=100
RANDOMNESS=0
LAP_GAIN=100
DESCRIPTION=95 at start.

it will show up on the setup screen for your practice. This one will start at 95% grip and very slowly increase. You can enter any grip you want!

As for the race, I set a new PB in qualifying which I was quite happy with, but that still was only good for 8th spot on the grid. You guys are just way too good! :). Moved up a spot going into the first corner. That lasted a few laps until I got hit from behind at the hairpin and spun. Of course, I had to be pointed backwards on track :(. With so many ppl coming, I just had to stay there instead of causing more of a mess...and wait till everyone passed by. Sorry if I caused anyone grief there.

Caught up to the group, but then went too hot on the inside of T1 and spun again then was dead last with a big gap. It was then hotlapping for the last half of the race. Next to last lap, looks like two others had an off at the final turn and was able to get by, so I didn't finish last at least :)

@Matheus Machado stuff happens. Just wish I could have raced with the pack a bit more, it looked like you guys had fun there.

@Martin Faber (I think it was you) Did you have ABS off or something? It was either that or you had a brake fire going on around the corners :)

@Martin Faber (I think it was you) Did you have ABS off or something? It was either that or you had a brake fire going on around the corners :)

Yes that was me!:cool: I hate ABS and love to smoke the rubber, just a bit of action! :p:D

Did I just tagged myself? Haha.. I replied to your message but something went wrong I think:O_o:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes that was me!:cool: I hate ABS and love to smoke the rubber, just a bit of action! :p:D

Did I just tagged myself? Haha.. I replied to your message but something went wrong I think:O_o:
Somewhat fixed it for you :p You accidentally removed leading quote] tag :p
Results and Premium draw will be up tomorrow, shame it had to end for me this way

As I said, was no big deal and not "game braking" at all ;) I also saw of course that it will be close but didn't want to back up there as well :sneaky::D
Qualy was great yeah! Had it a couple of times that I could achieve some good times in training (always have to train before 'cause don't have that much time on race evening) but seldom could convert it in qualy! But this time bham! second behind @Geof is an honor :D
Yes, we certainly had a bit of a moment there!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back