Abarth 500 model / specs

ABARTH 500 SS AND MAGIONE RACING CIRCUIT LICENSED

After revealed the first official license of KTM X-BOW R, Kunos Simulazioni is pleased to announce the 500 Abarth SS and the Magione racing circuit as official licensed contents for his new racing game “Assetto Corsa”.

So it's the esseesse model the one that should be licensed, with 160hp and Koni FSD suspensions, forged rims, better brakes and the esseesse badges.

But in the game I can see it's the standard Abarth 500 the one modeled:

ac62.jpg

AC Abarth 500

34.jpg

Abarth 500

prod_791_gr.jpg

Abarth 500 esseesse

As you can see, the model corresponds to the standard A500 and not the esseesse model.

Also the esseesse badges are missing under the back logo:

Assetto-Corsa-content-and-visual-feast1.jpg

abarth-500-esseesse-14.jpg

Maybe it's a good idea to make both models (in terms of 3D is just create a badge and rims) and make them elegible in game?

In North America we only have the SS equivalent, but it's just named Abarth :)

And then the Pop, Lounge and Sport ones...

Well, yes and no.

The north american Abarth 500 has 160 hp but instead of a T-Jet engine has a Multijet.

It has the SS brakes on the front, but not in the rear, and the suspensions are the same than in the standard European abarth, while the SS here has the Koni FSD suspensions.

You have the SS rims in your model, which is good.

So it's another different model that would be in between standard and SS, except for the more modern MultiJet engine that for some has less character but has better emisions and consumption than the T-Jet.

Oh by the way it seems the car is indeed correct, they modelled the small series called "Opening Edition" that was available on Italian release.

It's like the standard production abarth but with esseesse power (160hp), and it doesn't have the rims, and badges.

I just realised...

In North America, we got a new 500... Again, between Euro versions ! XD

The Fiat 500 Turbo, which is between the Fiat 500 Sport and the standard Abarth: 130hp Turbo, but most likely with the suspension (and brakes ?) the Sport has... Seeing the price (Only 3000$ more than the Sport), I reckon it's just an upgrade in power and look (Abarth bumpers and other bits) :)

IMO the rims on the A.C. reproduction of the 500 essesse are wrong.

From abarth you buy the standard 500 with 135hp and 16” rims with 195/45 R16” tires (the same rims on screenshots), then you can also buy the esseesse kit, it contains:

- + 25hp
-front brake disc Ø 284 MM X 22 MM
-back brake disc Ø 240 MM X 11 MM
-"high performances" brake pads
-"specifics" springs
-air filter "powered by bmc"
-esseesse badges
-7” X 17” ET35 DESIGN rims with 205/40 R17 tires

So, you have the new rims+tires, but you can choose to use them or not. Honestly, I never seen a 500 esseesse with stock rims ;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back