1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PC Abarth 500 model / specs

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by Xosé Estrada, Nov 6, 2012.

1. Xosé Estrada

Xosé Estrada
    Premium Member

So it's the esseesse model the one that should be licensed, with 160hp and Koni FSD suspensions, forged rims, better brakes and the esseesse badges.

But in the game I can see it's the standard Abarth 500 the one modeled:

AC Abarth 500

Abarth 500

Abarth 500 esseesse

As you can see, the model corresponds to the standard A500 and not the esseesse model.

Also the esseesse badges are missing under the back logo:

Maybe it's a good idea to make both models (in terms of 3D is just create a badge and rims) and make them elegible in game?
  2. In North America we only have the SS equivalent, but it's just named Abarth :)

And then the Pop, Lounge and Sport ones...
  3. Xosé Estrada

Xosé Estrada
    Premium Member

Well, yes and no.

The north american Abarth 500 has 160 hp but instead of a T-Jet engine has a Multijet.

It has the SS brakes on the front, but not in the rear, and the suspensions are the same than in the standard European abarth, while the SS here has the Koni FSD suspensions.

You have the SS rims in your model, which is good.

So it's another different model that would be in between standard and SS, except for the more modern MultiJet engine that for some has less character but has better emisions and consumption than the T-Jet.
  4. Ah, oh well :p

I'm digging the gear shifter though, awesome !
  5. Xosé Estrada

Xosé Estrada
    Premium Member

It's a super fun and awesome car in any of the versions :)
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Xosé Estrada

Xosé Estrada
    Premium Member

Maybe Aristotelis can help us with it? :)

By the way, here you can see the insane level of detail and realism the models of the cars have in AC:

• Like Like x 8
  7. Xosé Estrada

Xosé Estrada
    Premium Member

Oh by the way it seems the car is indeed correct, they modelled the small series called "Opening Edition" that was available on Italian release.

It's like the standard production abarth but with esseesse power (160hp), and it doesn't have the rims, and badges.
  8. I just realised...

In North America, we got a new 500... Again, between Euro versions ! XD

The Fiat 500 Turbo, which is between the Fiat 500 Sport and the standard Abarth: 130hp Turbo, but most likely with the suspension (and brakes ?) the Sport has... Seeing the price (Only 3000$ more than the Sport), I reckon it's just an upgrade in power and look (Abarth bumpers and other bits) :)
  9. IMO the rims on the A.C. reproduction of the 500 essesse are wrong.

From abarth you buy the standard 500 with 135hp and 16” rims with 195/45 R16” tires (the same rims on screenshots), then you can also buy the esseesse kit, it contains:

- + 25hp
    -front brake disc Ø 284 MM X 22 MM
    -back brake disc Ø 240 MM X 11 MM
    -"high performances" brake pads
    -"specifics" springs
    -air filter "powered by bmc"
    -esseesse badges
    -7” X 17” ET35 DESIGN rims with 205/40 R17 tires

So, you have the new rims+tires, but you can choose to use them or not. Honestly, I never seen a 500 esseesse with stock rims ;)
  10. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Its explained in post #7 why that is
  11. Dinca Andrei

Dinca Andrei
    Premium Member

12. So we're talking about this: http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2008/07/exclusive-fiat-500-abarth-opening.html

This is the "Abarth 500 Opening Edition", not the "A. 500 esseesse" , also the opening edition should be only in 2 colours: Campovolo grey or pearlised White. It's a bit confusing ;)

btw I didn't know this version of the 500...there were only 100 cars for the Italy, instead the thousands of the esseesse.
  13. Dinca Andrei

Dinca Andrei
    Premium Member

Maybe you will recive an answer for your question in the end.Till then we can only speculate.;)