abarth_1000_TCR_Bernimotori_4.jpg

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM
Class: Abarth 1000TCR
Track: Lime Rock Park / Portland 1970 / Castle Combe Chicaned
Weather: 14.00 in-game race time
Practice: 15 min
Qualification: 10 min
Race: 16 lap
Note1: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
Note2: the add-on Abarth sounds are needed to run this mod properly. Download here
Note3: Please choose the car and livery you will be using - unique choices only please.
Note4: These cars are a lot quicker than the standard Abarths. Depending on the results we get here, I might use this and the NSU as the two cars in another "team" event, so please turn out if you can.

@ Leszek & Carlos - yes indeed - these little fellers are absolutely magnificent :good:

@Tom - When you say "Delete me", is that "sign you out", or "delete that post"? I think it's the post, but don't want to do either until I'm sure which one you mean.

I think the only Abarthies ive ever ever driven were in the rF HistoriX mod and found them to be the most wonderful little bags of joy :D,it was in a public server on Brands with none of the usual planks so a good race,after i got the suss of it i was battling with all sorts of Tina's and the like,but in a really mental screaming motor big grin kind of way,off to try these out soon,got them and the tracks installed so sign us up Thommo! :good:.

Lenno - J'accuse!

Unless it was Barry Lennox who overtook me in the last couple of corners at Goodwood, when I was doing some idustrial grade Jag trundle-age, of course. :D

But - these are not the same as that one.

If it was the "Coppa Mille" Abarthies you drove in rF Historix, then that is what these ones are, and yes, they will roll up their sleeves and arm-wrestle a Cortina quite happily.

Stu, don't know if I'm going to be able to do this atm, been feeling off n grumpy :sad: for a few days and not done any running in this, or much else, truth be told of how bad it's been, I didn't even have all 3 tracks installed to check until 30 mins ago, missing C.Combe, will certainly try though as the cars are Fun and relatively light on steering, not so much energy consumed over race distance.:dazed:

Sam

Coppe Mille!!!! thats the puppies,and i just had a swifty in these things...i predict some fun with a cheeky twist :).

More sinister sidenote: I was just in the server with K. Babij when Cris Haba joined it all went belly up at my end,flashing menus and it never loaded in Cris and then crashed me to desktop :(.

{Edit} C. Haba turned out to be Dragos Haba who joined in a Toyota,hes done a new profile now and happily in the server in the Abarth TCR :good:.

@ Leszek & Carlos - yes indeed - these little fellers are absolutely magnificent :good:

@Tom - When you say "Delete me", is that "sign you out", or "delete that post"? I think it's the post, but don't want to do either until I'm sure which one you mean.

Sorry, I meant delete that post. I asked a question so stupid that I managed to answer it 5 seconds later. I will be in the race tonight!

That was a fun event :D

Joint in the last minute, did not know the track but still did not have the slowest laptime :smile-big: Unfortunately no battles but you get what you "practice" for :rotfl:

Sorry I did not stay longer, but I needed to hit the books again :(

Great fun again!

I hurried in to race 1 but I disconnected right before the race...

Race 2 was such mess. But really funny mess:D Had suspension damage pretty much the whole race. Had bucketloads of fun just sliding the abarth round.

Race 3 was good too, but not much sliding here. The braking zones were awesome, braking late over the crest and through the chicane. Will have a go with Sam's setup later to see what it is like with a proper setup.

So where does this three-legged horse belong?
-In the unstable, but also in the racing club Stuart:D

Thanks for this event Stuart. Great fun:good:

Another fantastic evening - what a riot those fiats are.

Race one - qualified with a full tank of fuel so I was a bit down the order until Stuart kindly promoted me to third with the voting mishap. Managed to absolutely beast the start and get into second off the line. As usual after a lap i had a 'trulli train' behind me and I was on the defensive for the rest of the race. Someone - not sure who, pale blue car though - put the best overtake i have ever seen on me round the outside of T1, pure class. After i had been swamped most of the chasing pack I managed to settle into a rythm and found Carlos on my tail. We had a good fight for a few laps until I was tapped into T1, probably because I was braking far too early, and I slipped back again. Altogether a good race - not sure on my position though.

Race Two - No practice for me - had a badly times phone call to take - tried to make up for it in one shot qualy, failed badly by overshooting at turn 1, ruining the rest of the lap. Started the race 10th i think, had another rally good start - the only part of any race I do well - and charged into T1 taking a few places along the way. As always the pack was on my right away again and I was hounded by 4 screaming Fiat's. One by one they slipped by and I was back in my rightful place........

To make matters worse, i span at the first chicane 3 laps on the trot, the second time I collected someone - not sure who, but I am sorry. Limped round for the last few laps, got lapped and came home last. Oh well..

Race 3 - Made an arse of qualy by hitting one of the unexpectedly hard poles at the chicane, but made a third awesome jump off the line. With the long run away from the start at Castle Combe I was able to get a few places and get close to the leaders. My technique for the first real corner - T2/3 was to jsut jam the car in 3rd and hope for the best. This worked really well and I made up another place with my momentum. I think it was lap 3/4 when i made a little mistake and let a few guys past, but not for long. Coming into the first chicane - Stuart and someone else touched, I could juse see cars flying up in the air. I managed to slip though and got into 3rd.

I then set after catching the leaders, but they were too damn quick, i tried to settle into a rythm and jsut pound round, but inevitabily I made a mistake into the fast left/right of turn 2, spun the car and stalled it, then stalled it again trying to set off, this cost me 3/4 places. Then in my efforts to catch up I got a stop go, which i took (as far as i'm aware) but was DQ'd for a few laps later - a diappointing end to a race where i thought i'd be ok.

But altogether another fantastic evening, congrats to all the winners and podium finishers - thanks to Stuart for arranging another great evening's racing.

See you all on saturday for the Aston's, i'm now off to dust off my tux and shake up a thermos of Vodka Martini's :lamp:

Until next time chaps....

It's funny - When I look at the results sheet, it seems like a horror story of an event for me personally, but it just doesn't feel like that at all. It feels like it was a roaring success.

Cars - success
Car to track matching - success
New track - success
Close, clean competitive racing - success
My own driving - suck :D

Actually, I had a couple of bits of bad luck, tbh, so maybe that's why I don't feel so bad.

Race1
First off, I don't know the difference between "next session" and "next event" :doh: My apologies again gents. Decent start off the random grid, up to 5th on Lap1, 4th on Lap2 (Tom - I was in the pale blue car, and went round the outside of you in T1, but it was more a case of practicalities, you had the inside line and I stayed wide to avoid contact, I was just lucky I got some good grip out there). Followed the Lenno, Amir & Sammy group, roughly on pace, but got thrown out to desktop - not a crash, but like I'd suddenly alt-tabbed, I could still hear the game runningso I tried from memory to guess where I was and get off the racing line. By the time I got back to the game, I wasn't last, but it just felt like it :D

Luckily the car was OK, but I started pushing to try and catch back up, and twice I'd made good ground up, only to waste it all with a couple of slidey moments. Gah :D.

But, as others were also having a few wobblers, I started making a few places up. Hans was driving beautifully in front of me, and he was really unlucky he dropped a wheel on the outside of T1 which just let me squeeze through as he was correcting. Caught up to Dave C. and we had a great couple of laps together, coming up on Tom, who looked like his tyres were a bit second hand as he was wrestling the little Fiat, and we both slipped past on L15. I thought Dave had me covered on the last lap, I was closing a little as his tyres seemed to be going the way of all things, but I got a great run over the hump and into the penultimate corner and closed right up. In the last turn, Dave drifted just wide enough for me to put it up the inside and just about hang on to it.

Race2
Portland was a new track to me, shortish, but quite nice and wide, and I guessed it would suit these quick but very nimble little cars. After the best race of the night for me, I would say I guessed right.

Quallied 6th using the "one-shot" format and got a decent if not spectacular start, had a couple of good laps being stalked by Gary, who got through in the T1 & T2 chicane. Had a bit of a moment in the chicane a few laps later, letting Leszek, Tom & Krzysztof past. Had 3 great laps chasing Tom, managing to get past through the last corner of lap6, and set off after Krzysztof, but could now see Amir & Carlos closing up behind with Tom right on their heels.

The next 10 laps were among some of the finest racing I've experienced @ RD, closing up to Krzysztof, while having to keep an eye behind me as well. Again, it was the last corner where I managed to sneak past Krzysztof, and the four of us were pretty much nose to tail for the last 6 laps. I had my gears set a little shorter than the others (judging the timing of the gearchanges), and so I was able to pull away on some sections, but got closed up on others, so it was never done deal, and the boys behind were flying. Just managed to hold on to it to the end, but what a race that was. :good:

Race 3
I love Castle Combe, chicaned or non, but I chose the Chicaned one for this event as I thought it would make it more interesting in these agile cars. How that would come back to bite me in the rear end.

Again, quallied OK, got a decent start, got up to a comfortable 4th, closing a little on Gary, but he had a big impact in the first chicane, and I had nowhere to go :D. The main problem was my head-on nature of the impact with Lenno, I was steering at 2 o'clock to go straight, and on a clockwise track, having a compromise to the ability to turn right isn't ideal. I was pretty much steering by guesswork on all right handers, and so picked up a few cuts, resulting in a Stop n Go, followed by another on the next lap :dance2: More gutted to have missed out on the racing than with the whole coming dead last thing.

So - despite the incidents and accidents that blighted some of the racing, I would have to say I thought it was a cracking night allround.

Yummy!
17677.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 340 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 229 10.5%