Carlos Diaz

Happily driving a "girly" car
flyertc65.jpg

greenhellvln.jpg

Servername: RACEDEPT.COM TC65
Class: Fiat Abarth 1000TC & Jaguar MKII
Track: Nordschleife (VLN Layout)
Start Time: 19.00 GMT
Qualification: 30 min Note: It would take too long to qualify due to the length of the track and the fact that the first lap is an outlap (untimed). Therefor we will have a 30 minute qualification session before each race. Unlimited laps. I know that we will spend more time in qualy than racing, but the practice is needed on this track.
Race: 2 x 2 laps
Note1: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
Note2: We will be using two skinpacks. One for the Jag, found HERE.
And the sprintpack for the Abarth, found HERE.
Note3: You must choose a different make of car for each race. The order in which you drive them will be assigned based on the order of sign-ups. Starting with the Jaaaaaag for myself, and alternating onwards down the list.

Knut, now that you mention that your lap times were similar, so were mine. But I was a bit faster in the Jag.

I was thinking if I should pair these cars up and make it a VERSUS event. But I wasn't sure about it.

What do you guys think about it? If I get enough of you to second it, I'll set it up.

Let me know.

P.S. One of the cool aspects of a VERSUS event is that one of the cars is always just a bit slower so...
Lets say a faster driver gets the faster of the cars in race 1 and a slower driver gets the slower car, for example: Lenno jumps in the jag and I jump in the 1000TC. Everyone pretty much knows that I don't stand a chance in hell against Lenno in a single make event, so the fact that he has the faster car in race 1 won't change the outcome by much anyway. He will win no matter what, so the fact that he has the faster car this time around is not important.
But in race two he is forced to jump into the 1000TC while I grab the Jag. He is still an awesome driver, but now I have more of a chance thanks to his disadvantage in power.
Basically, it makes things a little interesting competition wise, when the cars get flipped, you might find yourself battling someone you normally would have a very hard time catching.

Something for us slower guys to think about...

I'm going to have to hold my hands up now - I can't make it, after badgering to have an event on this track as well......i'm gutted.

However, once again work has called on me to do some out of hours maintenance. I'm sorry guys, I hope it's as much fun as I was expecting it to be and that I can make it to the next running of this track...........................

:frown:

I'll definitely be there for at least 1 race, probably 2, but tomorrow is the GLW's birthday, and we're off out for an early meal.

I'm hopeful of being around for both, but if I miss one, it'll be the first one.

I've done an Abarth race round the Nords, so if I only make the second race, I'll do a Jaaaaaag

I'm going to have to hold my hands up now - I can't make it, after badgering to have an event on this track as well......i'm gutted.

However, once again work has called on me to do some out of hours maintenance. I'm sorry guys, I hope it's as much fun as I was expecting it to be and that I can make it to the next running of this track...........................

:frown:

That's it...You are expelled from the GTL Racing Club, hand over your license, helmet, gloves, racing suit, and the keys to all the cars!!

HAHA, just kidding Tommy, I hope this event goes well enough so I may bring her back once more so you could have your go at her.

See ya next time.

Sorry to hear that Manny, see you on Thursday.

Guys, this setup here for the Jag understeers a bit less than my first. Maybe you will like it better...

Attachments

• jaaaaaag2.svm
    2.4 KB · Views: 220
Carlos et al:

Sign me up. This will be my first online race. I've been a big fan of these cars and tracks since the mid-'60s. My goal is to finish cleanly. That will be reward enough on this long track and very different cars. Carlos has been helping me with the game in general and getting online.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back