1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Abandoned Event

Discussion in 'PS4 | F1 2016 Weekday Championship' started by SJM1337, Sep 1, 2016.

1. Saif Mehmood

26.7%
  2. Andrew Wood

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Simeon Lynch

6.7%
  4. Neil Vincent

6.7%
  5. Ashley Blakeley

6.7%
  6. Daniel Wardle (LOL)

6.7%
  7. Bryan Burgemeestre

6.7%
  8. Mitchell Haverlag

6.7%
  9. Mikey Woolford

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Ben Powney

6.7%
  11. Martijn Boontje

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. Mark van Dam

26.7%
  13. C. Knowles

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  14. Graham Jarvis

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  15. Sam Brown

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  16. Jason Warburton

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  17. Sean Jackson

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  18. Will Parkinson

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  19. Karl Desimpele

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  20. Mats

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  21. Mattias Johansen

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  22. Adam Morris

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  23. Or a reserve driver perhaps?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [​IMG]
    RD Weekday Championship - Season 1 | F1 2016
    R1: Australian Grand Prix
    Date: Tuesday 13th September 2016
    Time: 8:00PM BST

I'm happy to announce the first race of the season will officially take place on the 13th of September, a week after the final pre-season race in, more details will be added soon, looking forward to see you all on the grid for lights out at Melbourne!

Full preview to be added soon.

On the agenda for this week:
    Pole Lap Comparison Video: How do you guys feel about doing some pole lap comparison videos, say for example, the first week, we compare the lap between the pole sitter and the guy in 2nd, whoever is in these grid slots could send me their recording from the PS4 then I can put together a nice video with some effects.

Driver of the Day Voting: I'll try and add in a poll in after every race so you can vote on who you feel was the driver of the day

Lag: Please can all drivers make sure they have a solid internet connection, if you are using WiFi please make an effort to get a ethernet cable otherwise if you lag you may affect other drivers races, and hence we may have to penalize you or ban you from racing until you sort your connection.

Recording: If you are wondering how you can record the races, double tapping the share button allows you to save clips at 15 minute intervals, you start the recording initially with the double tap then it ends and saves the clip after 15 mins, you can then start another 15 mins and not have to ever enter the share-play menu, this is a very efficient way to record your race and not have to worry about having evidence for any incidents.

Selecting Car/Driver: When you enter the lobby and go to select your car, please make sure you note down the driver you select and select that driver each week so we know who you are in case of a DNF, also, to use your career mode helmet and number press square in the selection menu.

Questions to all drivers
    Will you be attending?
    Who will be on pole?
    Who will finish on the podium?
    Who will be the first driver to DNF from a crash?
    How has your pre-season gone and how confident do you feel for the opening race?

Attendance List:
    - Saif
    - Jason
    - Adam
    - Mikey
    - Andrew
    - Lynchy
    - Mats
    - Karl
    - Graham
    - Ben
    - Jack
    - Colin
    - Mitchell
    - Will
    - Ash
    - Bryan

Last edited: Sep 12, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Season will officially start next Tuesday guys now that we have the patch, I don't want to delay it any further as I want to reduce the possibility of drivers losing interest, I am hoping to see close to a full grid next week!

• Like Like x 2
    • Haha Haha x 1
  3. Will you be attending? Yea
    Who will be on pole? Rai
    Who will finish on the podium? Saif, mikey, Neil
    Who will be the first driver to DNF from a crash? Me
    How has your pre-season gone and how confident do you feel for the opening race?

Pre season at spa was poor, no real laps under my belt and my setup was poor. Austria I felt good for but codies saw to the undoing of that.

Done a few TT laps, pushing into the mid to high 1:27s, which I think is pretty nailed on for where I should be. During the race I'll prob load up for primes and try to survive the first half of the race. From then on I'll just try and finish, I had some crazy right offs in TT so I definitely won't be going balls out

4. Adam Morris

Adam Morris
    (TNGTC) #86 M3 GT3 - O&M Racing Premium Member

Will you be attending?
    Yes Ive Been Practicing And Im Ready To Race.
    Who will be on pole?
    No Idea Im New To Some Of The Drivers Here Will Need To Join A Couple And See Whos Where.
    Who will finish on the podium?
    Me (Haha)
    Who will be the first driver to DNF from a crash?
    No One Would Be Perfect But If Its Anyone Just Not Me
    A Points Finish Is My Goal For Melbourne And Then Build Up From That

I Wasn't Here For The Pre Season Race Which Is A Shame But Ive Been Running Online Alot Im Now Down To A 1:26:2 And Feeling Confident In The Car Will Continue To Test Up Until The Race On Tuesday Looking Forward To Seeing You All On The Grid :)

5. Mikey Woolford

Mikey Woolford
    Part of tCreative.

Questions to all drivers
    Will you be attending? Wouldn't miss this for the world. Been 3 years in the making.
    Who will be on pole? Mitchell or Lynchy
    Who will finish on the podium? Me, Saif and Mark
    Who will be the first driver to DNF from a crash? Hopefully Saif but I'd say it will be a pad user.

Pre season started off slow. I don't have anywhere near the free time anymore to be up there straightaway so it's been a slow process. I feel I can still improve but, I'll be competitive.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Questions to all drivers
    Will you be attending?: Yes
    Who will be on pole?: Mitchell
    Who will finish on the podium?: Neil, myself and Mikey
    Who will be the first driver to DNF from a crash?: Ash :D
    How has your pre-season gone and how confident do you feel for the opening race?:

Pre-season has gone well, I've still got little bits and pieces to work on but I feel confident that I can put up a good fight for the championship, this will probably be the hardest championship I've ever had to fight for because there's so many top drivers who can win races and be consistent, I'm really looking forward to it.

• Like Like x 1
  7. - I am attending
    Pole : Saif
    Podium : Saif, Neil, Lynchy
    Crash : Sam Brown

My preseason has gone better than expected. When I first started playing the game I felt really quick, but after doing time trials on a couple of tracks I realized that was just a joke. I went in to preseason race 1 just hoping to scrape a top 10 qualifying position (qualified 6th) and finish higher than I qualified (finished 2nd).

Accomplished my goal, and was looking forward to Austria and was hoping we would have a wet race because I have very little wet race driving. Like Nico Rosberg, I'm pretty bad in the wet so I am still not feeling confident about being competitive in those conditions.

I am not expecting much from Australia because it is a track I have never won a league race at before and typically don't perform well. Going to practice like a fiend over the weekend to help scrape somewhat of a good finish.

This is my 4th season racing with this crew, and I couldn't be more excited to have hopefully my best season yet with a teammate that I know I can learn from and receive a lot of support from, being a previous champion.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Mikey Woolford

Mikey Woolford
    Part of tCreative.

A note to the 5 drivers actually participating Tuesday.

Please be careful on Lap 1. We don't want any major incidents immediately.

• Haha Haha x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Jamie-Lee Mayers

Jamie-Lee Mayers
    Just Another Racer

They're lucky I don't have control of this league otherwise only the people that state their attendance would get invites, which like you said at this point is just 5 lol Or at least state they're not racing.

10. Yeah I would appreciate if a lot more of you would engage in the forum posts, it would make it a lot easier for me and the other organisers, making a forum post saying you're attending or not attending doesn't take more then a few mins. :unsure:

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. i'll be attending this one but not bahrain due to a birthday.. not feeling particularly confident with 50% races as well so expect me to be (literally) lagging behind the podium guys

12. Questions to all drivers
    Will you be attending? - Yes
    Who will be on pole? - 'Ash'
    Who will finish on the podium? - 'Ash' and two other drivers...;)
    Who will be the first driver to DNF from a crash? - Prolly me..;(
    How has your pre-season gone and how confident do you feel for the opening race? - Feel very dodgy about getting myself around a track alltogether. New to driving with no assists and I've been visiting the graveltraps/walls quite a lot. Ferrari is basically bankrupt after having me go through a gazillion cars so far... Will be fun still to see where I end up at the end of the season..;), and I enjoy the challange.

• Like Like x 1
  13. I should be attending; can't comment on the other questions as I don't know you guys that much yet, but I feel confident ;)

• Like Like x 1
  14. I will be attending.
    No idea who will be on pole, podium or DNFs

• Sad Sad x 1
  15. Will you be attending? Yes
    Who will be on pole? The fastest man
    Who will finish on the podium? The fastest three men over race distance
    Who will be the first driver to DNF from a crash? Neil Vincent
    How has your pre-season gone and how confident do you feel for the opening race? Very **** and no.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Ps.

Saif- if we want to make a bit of a community, we need to find out who everyone is and what theyre about. I know a handful of you lot from the old days but as a newcomer, i just see lots of silly usernames and funny pictures. Any of these "people" could be small, irritating little sh1t children and the remainder will be old peados looking around for the perfect child to groom. I want to feel the need to log on to the forum, can we make it more exciting? x

• Haha Haha x 1
    • Wow Wow x 1
  17. Didn't we have and introduce yourself thread on the wheel spin league forum?

Can we repeat?

18. If we do repeat, can i be question master???
    Theres nothing worse than people answering boring arse questions about there alter ego life that they think they live. We all want to hear the answers to the awkward questions, like:

Did Mikey ever get his fingers in the girl from sainsburys bum?
    Did Jamies hair actually receeding?
    Will Saif ever be happy with his body or is his whole gym routine to hide the fact he has a small willy?

• Haha Haha x 1
  19. In!! Looking forward to it fellas

20. I'm not comfortable answering those questions about someone else?! ^^

• Haha Haha x 2
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.