A succesful evening in the MX-5

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Claimed my first two victories in iRacing tonight. Started from 10th and 8th position and drove clean to the top spot in the MX-5 (funny little car, much better than that crap Solstice they forced me into before). Added to the other results of tonight I saw myself featured on the site lol.

lekkerbezig.png

I am 5 points short on my SR to directly move up to C-license. Don't have the energy anymore to do another race. Maybe tomorrow night.

I watched that first win, nice race! I also watched the race earlier where you spun another driver out lol :) ...not that I'm stalking you but it is interesting to watch some of the races. The race you had later last night I joined to spectate then followed you for a lap or two in a ghost car to see if I could match the race pace and learn the track as I had not tried the MX-5 at Okayama, think we need to do an event there soon! The short track is great for those cars.

I watched that first win, nice race! I also watched the race earlier where you spun another driver out lol :) ...not that I'm stalking you but it is interesting to watch some of the races. The race you had later last night I joined to spectate then followed you for a lap or two in a ghost car to see if I could match the race pace and learn the track as I had not tried the MX-5 at Okayama, think we need to do an event there soon! The short track is great for those cars.

Hmm, I have not tried iRacing for a very long time now. So you can join to spectate and drive as a ghost... Wow... nice feature.

Yes I found it handy, as with the replays you can spectate from various cameras and there were 5 other spectators in there too...Brams groupies? :) if you watch from the cockpit you don't see their gear changes and such so I watched for a few laps, guessed the gears he was in from the engine note and then jumped in to try and joined the track as Bram went into turn 1. I don't know if there is any delay in what I see but as it stands right now if it's real time (and I don't see why it couldn't be) I could run as a spotter for someone in an oval race if we both logged into teamspeak. At the end of the month with the new telemetry shown in real time I could effectively be a race engineer for a driver.

100% Club

So bought all the remaining content today and I am now a member of the 100% club. You need to do something for an avatar :) Fanboy avatar for one day :)

Great races tonight with Yoeri and Roderick in the Star Mazda on Sebring. Had a hard time to adapt to the track as I only played the version on rFactor so the corners are "slightly" different.

Good combo though!

That depends on all the content that you are missing. In my first era with iRacing I bought quite a lot of content but everytime as a separate purchase so paid the full amount each time.
With a bulk purchase like this you get 25% off.

What you can do is place missing item in your shopping basket and see what calculations are done. (don't press pay with creditcard as then there is no way back :D)

So bought all the remaining content today and I am now a member of the 100% club. You need to do something for an avatar :) Fanboy avatar for one day :)

Great races tonight with Yoeri and Roderick in the Star Mazda on Sebring. Had a hard time to adapt to the track as I only played the version on rFactor so the corners are "slightly" different.

Good combo though!

LOL fanboy! welcome to the 100% club :) If you now have all the content and have been driving the Star Mazda why not join us for the remaining races in the RDiR Star Mazda Series? we're at Brands Hatch tomorrow.

Nice. I am considering it too but not sure yet. I already have a 1yr sub, MX5, F1 car and nothing else. How much is *everything* if you buy it all at once, in US Dollars?

I seem to remember it was around $500 for everything. Could be off by a bit though. Obviously going 100% straight away is the cheapest as you get the biggest discount of 25% but if you don't do that and make sure you buy everything in lots of 6 then you'll still get 20% off and not spend much more. Its when you start buying individual cars and tracks that it pushes the costs right up.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back