1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A story of a determined simracer.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Resi Respati, Jul 3, 2010.

1. Yesterday I was browsing through the unofficial GeneRally forum and stumbled upon a thread where we share our racing stories together.

Then, this guy came with a story about his sheer determination on completing a race. He is a truly determined man, I almost teared after seeing his story. A truly inspirational man.

This is his story.

Hi all,

it was year 2003 and GR had his first 24 Heures du Mans event...
    I was racing together with TuomoH (so many years gone, Tuomo. It's almost unbelievable...), he drove the first stint (out of 3) and I had to do the second one (the "night stint"), it was still undecided who had to drive the last one...

This is what happened, taken from the eMail I sent to Tuomo that days:

BTW, Tuomo drove the last stint and we finally won the race.
    As a side note, this was one of the last times I saw both my my parents, 'cause only few months later my dad died after an heart attack. Since that, I raced almost all the events I took part with #33, in honour of his birthyear...

Alx.it :wave:
  2. Omer Said

Omer Said
    Weresloth Staff Premium Member

A very touching story. What a determination! I admire this guy.

Just a question, Generally is a simracing ????
  3. Some people call it so :p

It has damage modelling, car/track editor, pitstops, a small game but it gives everything you need, just like true simracing!
  4. But still is a top down racing game, and has basically arcade physics.

But BTW, Alx.it was one of the best ever driver of all GR history