A small problem with Thrustmaster T-LCM pedals

When I plugged my pedals in they appear in "Devices and Printers" with an exclamation mark next to them. I can't imagine that this is normal but the pedals appear to work properly. This is my second set of pedals, the previous ones did not work properly so I sent them back. Being as they are supposed to be plug and play I think something isn't right.
In the calibration software they work fine too.
Just want to check if this is normal or should I send them back
Screenshot.png

It's connected via usb so cant do a firmware update, that is just for a Thrustmaster wheel. It works fine in the calibration software.
Now the accelerator and the clutch pedal are now jumping to 50% usage when I lightly press them.
This is what the last set of pedals did. They are now going back unfortunately.
It does not instil confidence.
Do I get a refund or try a 3rd set of pedals :(

Upvote 0
It's connected via usb so cant do a firmware update, that is just for a Thrustmaster wheel.

Using the USB connection is the only way you can do a firmware update for the T-LCMs. This is from page 4 of the user manual:

"In order to update the firmware, the pedal set must be connected to a PC via the removable USB cable"

There are more details about how to do it further down the same page.

It works fine in the calibration software.

Which piece of software are you using to calibrate them? The only way to calibrate them is with the separate TM Sim Pedals Calibration Tool. The calibration software used for the wheel doesn't work for the T-LCM pedals.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
From the thrustmaster support page
IMPORTANT NOTE: the T-LCM Pedals pedal set is a plug and play device.

• It installs automatically on PC (driver download is not required).
  • To date, no firmware update of the pedal set is required.
  • Only the firmware update of your racing wheel\'s base is required (if the T-LCM pedal set is used with a Thrustmaster wheel\'s base).
  • The only software required is the calibration software available in the Software section.

Upvote 0
It's connected via usb so cant do a firmware update, that is just for a Thrustmaster wheel. It works fine in the calibration software.
Now the accelerator and the clutch pedal are now jumping to 50% usage when I lightly press them.
This is what the last set of pedals did. They are now going back unfortunately.
It does not instil confidence.
Do I get a refund or try a 3rd set of pedals :(

Hi,

I think I know what your issue is. Somebody else on here mentioned about the pedals going screwy and the reason was they used the Microsoft built in setup utility for game controllers. They tried to calibrate them using this utility which messed them up.

1615191687398.png

You need to go back into the MS utility (above) edit your pedals and reset to default again I think.

Once you have done that you need to use the TM utility to calibrate the pedals. Select reset to default first and then unplug them (unplugging them saves the settings to the pedals). Now plug them back in and use the TM utility again to set them up how you like. It's worth noting the brake force pedal setting is down the bottom of the utility (slides horizontally). I missed this at first and couldn't work out how to adjust maximum point.

There is no new firmware for these at the moment.

The warning symbol is fine. If you go into Device Manager it will be flagged as no driver installed. This is normal apparently for these pedals. TM say they are 'plug and play' so I guess it's fine without a specific driver loaded as Windows still sees them as a game controller. Mine are like this and I don't have any issues.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The main problem is when I gently touch the accelerator pedal shoots upto 50% usage. I did a clean install of windows and they stopped doing it, although the exclamation mark was still there. I played ACC and the pedals were working properly. I turned my computer off and played ACC again an hour later and the problem was back again. So it appears there is something wrong.

I don't really want to keep them because if something goes wrong down the line then it will be a lot more hassle sending them back. I was considering keeping them until they went wrong all on their own.

Upvote 0
I got an exclamation mark due to the sim pedals bluetooth device driver. This is as per the device and printers sim pedals right click properties and hardware tab device functions list. I got around the Win 7 refusal to install non-digitally signed drivers and files via a workaround and pedals were then OK in calibration tool and in games.

I think the bluetooth driver did not install because this system is not bluetooth enabled ? (Win7-Dell Optiplex 790)

Pedals work perfectly in GTR2 P&G. Pedals are working in GPL but are not using the Ffb3test1 'real feel' FF update GEM option as they should. I have a few GPLShift Patch tweaks left to try and sort this out.

Late update: GPL FF update issue solved. Wheel, pedals and shifter now working 100%!

How many exclamation marks are you seeing in your hardware tab device functions list?

I am running a Logitech G25 wheel, TH8 A shifter and the T LCM pedals which were just installed yesterday.

Cheers

PH

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hey, im a bit late to the party, but i bought my T-LCM Pedals last week, and had similar problems.

Pedals were doing weird things in-game but looked to be fine in the calibration software. Also, i had the warning when i entered control panel, and the pedals appear in the printers and devices section.

1620380891617.png

I clicked on Properties -> Hardware and there was an error just before "Dispositivo compuesto USB" (sorry for the spanish jaja)

So i clicked on the error, then Properties down-right, then "change configuration" down-left and then Controlador:
1620381272072.png

and the error had "Desinstalar el dispositivo" (Uninstall the device) habilitated, i uninstalled it and now the yellow warning is gone and Windows seems to have stopped fighting with Thrustmaster software over the control of the pedals in-game :)

Edit: if u restart the PC or unplug and plug the pedals the problem appears again, so idk if there is a permanent solution :(

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hey I'm also late to this party but have you considered setting a deadzone at 50%? it seems like the input is 50-100 instead of 0-100. Just set a deadzone and they'll be fine. The fact that you've tried this on so many pcs and reinstalled windows and all that... all you need to do is the little bit of set-up that any peripheral would require.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi,

I think I know what your issue is. Somebody else on here mentioned about the pedals going screwy and the reason was they used the Microsoft built in setup utility for game controllers. They tried to calibrate them using this utility which messed them up.

View attachment 452591
You need to go back into the MS utility (above) edit your pedals and reset to default again I think.

Once you have done that you need to use the TM utility to calibrate the pedals. Select reset to default first and then unplug them (unplugging them saves the settings to the pedals). Now plug them back in and use the TM utility again to set them up how you like. It's worth noting the brake force pedal setting is down the bottom of the utility (slides horizontally). I missed this at first and couldn't work out how to adjust maximum point.

There is no new firmware for these at the moment.

The warning symbol is fine. If you go into Device Manager it will be flagged as no driver installed. This is normal apparently for these pedals. TM say they are 'plug and play' so I guess it's fine without a specific driver loaded as Windows still sees them as a game controller. Mine are like this and I don't have any issues.
I wrote you official guide about fixing the problem. Thrustmaster T-LCM Pedal Stuck happens coz, Firmware lost and you need to request "TLCMPEDALS_S32F373_v2_03.tmf" file from Thrustmaster support. if you share your e-mail also I can send you. I could not attach here coz file system. with my best regards.

Problem: The gas pedal of your T-LCM is working randomly, sometimes gets stuck at 50%, 100%. Disconnect and reconnect solves the issue but temporarily only. An update may be necessary. The following steps will help you in this task. Be sure to respect them. • In case you think you are not able to perform these operations, please contact Support. • In case you do not notice any improvement at the end of the procedure, please contact Support. 1- Preparation: a) Disconnect all your THRUSTMASTER devices b) In case you have already installed the drivers for a TH8 or a T-LCM in your PC, go to step d) c) Go to the webpage https://support.thrustmaster.com/en/product/th8a-en/ to download the driver package PACKAGE 2021_TH8RS_1 (for TH8). Install the package. Restart your PC. d) Drop the attached file TLCMPEDALS_S32F373_v2_03.tmf in the directory C:\ Program Files\Guillemot\tmfwupdater\firmware 2- Connect the T-LCM in “boot mode”, for that: Connect the USB cable to the back of the T-LCM. Press and hold the pairing button and connect the USB cable to your computer. The led should be off.
3- Perform the update Open the TM Firmware Updater program
(available in the directory C:\Program Files\Guillemot\tmfwupdater\ as well) The firmware version of your T-LCM appears in the “Device” window, and the new one (2.03) in the “Firmware” window.
Click on “OK” to perform the update and follow instructions.
Click on “OK”. The firmware version in the “Device” window is now 2.03.
Close the program, your T-LCM is now up to date

Attachments

• T-LCM Bootloader Method.pdf
    332 KB · Views: 461
Upvote 0
Hey, im a bit late to the party, but i bought my T-LCM Pedals last week, and had similar problems.

Pedals were doing weird things in-game but looked to be fine in the calibration software. Also, i had the warning when i entered control panel, and the pedals appear in the printers and devices section.

View attachment 472547

I clicked on Properties -> Hardware and there was an error just before "Dispositivo compuesto USB" (sorry for the spanish jaja)

So i clicked on the error, then Properties down-right, then "change configuration" down-left and then Controlador:
View attachment 472548

and the error had "Desinstalar el dispositivo" (Uninstall the device) habilitated, i uninstalled it and now the yellow warning is gone and Windows seems to have stopped fighting with Thrustmaster software over the control of the pedals in-game :)

Edit: if u restart the PC or unplug and plug the pedals the problem appears again, so idk if there is a permanent solution :(
I wrote you official guide about fixing the problem. Thrustmaster T-LCM Pedal Stuck happens coz, Firmware lost and you need to request "TLCMPEDALS_S32F373_v2_03.tmf" file from Thrustmaster support. if you share your e-mail also I can send you. I could not attach here coz file system. with my best regards.

Problem: The gas pedal of your T-LCM is working randomly, sometimes gets stuck at 50%, 100%. Disconnect and reconnect solves the issue but temporarily only. An update may be necessary. The following steps will help you in this task. Be sure to respect them. • In case you think you are not able to perform these operations, please contact Support. • In case you do not notice any improvement at the end of the procedure, please contact Support. 1- Preparation: a) Disconnect all your THRUSTMASTER devices b) In case you have already installed the drivers for a TH8 or a T-LCM in your PC, go to step d) c) Go to the webpage https://support.thrustmaster.com/en/product/th8a-en/ to download the driver package PACKAGE 2021_TH8RS_1 (for TH8). Install the package. Restart your PC. d) Drop the attached file TLCMPEDALS_S32F373_v2_03.tmf in the directory C:\ Program Files\Guillemot\tmfwupdater\firmware 2- Connect the T-LCM in “boot mode”, for that: Connect the USB cable to the back of the T-LCM. Press and hold the pairing button and connect the USB cable to your computer. The led should be off.
(available in the directory C:\Program Files\Guillemot\tmfwupdater\ as well) The firmware version of your T-LCM appears in the “Device” window, and the new one (2.03) in the “Firmware” window.

Attachments

• T-LCM Bootloader Method.pdf
    332 KB · Views: 193
Upvote 0

can i have your mail ID?

Upvote 0

Hello,

How to get this File?
TLCMPEDALS_S32F373_v2_03.tmf

Thank you and regards!

Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks