• "Boogity, boogity boogity! Let's go racing boys!" - Darrell Waltrip
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Discuss the 2017 Formula One Australian Grand Prix here.

A problem With Sound

Discussion in 'F1 2010 - The Game' started by Nick Brooke, May 4, 2011.

1. I have a strange problem with sound. If i use Rapture 3d or software it makes no difference, what happens is for some reason the sound goes quiet for a few seconds then comes back. nothing seems to make this happen it just does it on its own. I know if i look back the sound changes but this is not the issue.

I never have this problem in any other game i have and i have a 5.1 setup that has worked well for 3 years. Has anyone else had this and found a workaround?

2. Are you currently using Hardware mode?

3. I have two choices software or rapture, Rapture sounds like im in a tin can and software although much better i do get wandering sound volume. As i say i do not experience a problem in any other game so it is F! 2010 thats at fault here but i cannot figure out why. I have got the latest drivers and played with settings but to no avail

4. Strange thing last night the problem just stopped. i have had to put up with it for two weeks and not updated anything or made any changes. Very strange anyway thread can be locked thanks