• "I've tried everything other than jumping out of a plane, but nothing gives you an adrenaline rush like racing a car." - Nigel Mansell
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A problem with importing dof's.

Discussion in 'Racer Problems & Fixes' started by pradzio1, Dec 4, 2011.

1. pradzio1

pradzio1

Ratings:
    +92
    Hello. I' ve got a problem with converting cars from gta: sa with models from forza motorsport 4 to racer. I can normally import .dff file in zmodeler 2.4.4 and export it to old Z3D file, open it in zmodeler v1.07b and export body to dof, but there starts problems. When i try to import body.dof file windows shows me an error and close zmodeler. Is there any way to fix it? Sorry for my bad english. pradzio1.

P.S.: My OS is Windows 7 Professional 64-bit, but there's the same problem on Windows xp Proffesional 32-bit.

2. ammods

ammods

Ratings:
    +5
    show us a screen of the error if you can, and we'll start there

3. johnthelemon

johnthelemon

Ratings:
    +5
    Well, I had similar difficulties with large (high-poly) .dof files.
    It's generally a good idea to work on the z3d file, setting textures and materials, and export to dof as the final step. In other words, avoid re-importing a dof file.

4. ammods

ammods

Ratings:
    +5
    i use 3dsmax 2011, for dofs, it maybe that zmodeler 1 doesnt like windows 7...but do what ^^^^ said above

5. Alexander Knoll

Alexander Knoll
    NEVER GIVE UP!!

Ratings:
    +286
    i have no problem with zmod1 or 2 and win7 x64 ultimate...

6. pradzio1

pradzio1

Ratings:
    +92
    Okay, it looks like that:

[​IMG]

It's in polish, but in english it means that Program zmodeler.exe stopped working.

Are they any other other ways to convert cars? Could you describe them?

7. ammods

ammods

Ratings:
    +5
    the only other way, is to use 3dsmax, and i'm sure your not going to spent thousands just to make cars for racer lol, try running zmodeler 1 in compatibility mode and see if that helps..i'm not going to explain it, because i'm lazy.and am not a good teacher lol .just google it, and you'll find what you need

8. KS95

KS95
    RACER Moderator

Ratings:
    +196
    Students get 3DS Max for free :)

9. pradzio1

pradzio1

Ratings:
    +92
    I have got 3DS Max 2010 :) I'm not only converting cars for racer, I'm also intrested in modelling ;)

10. ammods

ammods

Ratings:
    +5
    ok then you should get the dof exporter for 3dsmax and then try it from there...i know it works because i've used it recently

11. aadilf1

aadilf1

Ratings:
    +164
    i use Win7 64bit with Zmod and there is no problem... hmm its kinda weird