A poll to test car control!

This is for people with mid range computers:

If you have having a bit of problem with controlling, for example, the Ferrari under a slide, could you please try the following:

1. Turn off v-synch
  2. Set the frame rate limiter to 60
  3. Turn AA and AF all the way down
  4. Turn world detail all the way to minimum

Try the Ferrari again, and please tell me if you feel anything different?

Remember, it's not about how the game looks, I am purely wondering if you feel anything different...

PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS NOT ABOUT HOW FAST YOU CAN GO, IT IS ABOUT CONTROL!

Last edited:
probably if you push too much the settings it's the CPU too busy, that's why often capping the fps gives a better experience. Also pushing the settings UP means using MUCH more video ram...
we should have to define various situations:
LAG
STUTTERING
TEARING

I don't know what you're experiencing.

probably if you push too much the settings it's the CPU too busy, that's why often capping the fps gives a better experience. Also pushing the settings UP means using MUCH more video ram...
we should have to define various situations:
LAG
STUTTERING
TEARING

I don't know what you're experiencing.

But in the render stats app that you provide, O is supposedly CPU occupancy, and that number doesn't change regardless of my framerate.

So how can I see if the CPU is too busy?

(Also, I have zero stuttering and I completely disregard tearing for the sake of this topic. All I'm interested in is the big difference in car control ability that both me and my friends all suffer from when the game has too much detail, almost regardless of framerate.)

Even if I don't get an answer from Si3v, at least this thread has helped 5 people.

But how to spread the word about this? Even with 100+fps, some people have lag and they will never know unless they try to turn off all detail in the game.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back