A little tool for fellow content creators...

Well I will admit right away that I thought up the idea for this really simple tool last night as I went to bed. When I got up the next morning I pretty much had an entire battle plan on how to work it. Silver did some light beta testing with it (needed someone to kinda make sure I didn't miss anything big).

But you maybe wondering yourself now, what is it I created? Well its a conversion calculator, of sorts. Its simple really it asks you what you are starting with (Ft-Lbs for example) and what you want it converted to (Nm for example). then you enter the number, and it comes up with the converted value.

Right now it converts to and from the values, Lbs and Kgs; Mph, Kmh, and m/s; Ft-Lbs and Nm; and finally Meters and Inches. (I didn't include feet as almost every vehicle in America is measured in Inches). If you feel there should be other values included please leave a comment in this thread of what you think I'm missing (be real handy if you could also tell me what it could be converted to and from).

edit: found a calculation error in converting Ft-lbs to Nm, should be fixed now...
edit: converted to Java, with GUI.

Download: http://1drv.ms/1yM1iQK (new link, 12/03/14)

Last edited:
Did an update to the program of sorts, it runs in C now, so there are some differences, also added in the ability to convert Lb/in to Nm (and vice versa).

I was never really happy with what I did in C, so now it runs in Java and I'm 100% happy with it, well ok maybe 99% lol. But now it runs in a GUI window, pretty simple now, you select your input type from 1 list, then select the output type from the second list, type in your number, press Convert! and "Ding!" you have your new number. New link in the description.

I can't get it to run, sounds much like the program I use from joshmadison.com simply called Convert. Very old, last updated in 1999 I believe but does more conversions than I will ever need.

I can't get it to run, sounds much like the program I use from joshmadison.com simply called Convert. Very old, last updated in 1999 I believe but does more conversions than I will ever need.
Make sure you have Java installed and updated on your computer.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 335 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 465 39.0%