A little late for Rfactor 2 dont you think??

hi guys!! I started playing iracing 3 months ago and ITS AWESOME. Before that, i tried all the others sims game.. GtR,race on, rfactor etc etc

I dont know for you but personnally, when the new iracing update will strike, why waste your time playing rfactor and the upcoming rfactor 2 ??? The only downside for iracing is the money but for realism, fun factor, easier to get into a race with people etc etc iracing is the way to go

is their a future for rfactor 2 ?!

Also from my perspective (as an organiser of leagues) and many others that do the same, iRacing is not really fit for league usage, unless it is an American championship you wish to re-create.

You can't emulate the BTCC, F1 or V8 Supercars for example.

Not fit for league usage? I would say the hosted sessions RD have been running for the MX-5 and the Star Mazda series have worked just fine.

Emulate = to rival with some degree of success.

This can easily be done with iRacing, with just a little imagination. You may not get a series re-produced to the 'nth degree and have every available model/version of car, but you could easily recreate an acceptable V8 series or F1 series, using the V8 and FW31 and running on a variety of the road tracks the service offers.

With iRacing you can emulate, but maybe cannot always recreate.

Like Kevin states, you seem to have taken some of the posts too personally and seem to be defending rFactor when there is no need to be doing so. What point you are trying to make with your last post about running V8's at Bathurst, Oran etc. I'm not sure, other than that iRacing doesn't have these available, so unless the alternative I suggested earlier would work, you would fire up another racing sim and get your fix that way.

hi guys!! I started playing iracing 3 months ago and ITS AWESOME. Before that, i tried all the others sims game.. GtR,race on, rfactor etc etc

I dont know for you but personnally, when the new iracing update will strike, why waste your time playing rfactor and the upcoming rfactor 2 ??? The only downside for iracing is the money but for realism, fun factor, easier to get into a race with people etc etc iracing is the way to go

is their a future for rfactor 2 ?!

I have iracing. Subscribed for a year, have all the tracks, have all the cars, etc, etc. I think it's a great product.
I enjoy league racing, so, to me, the organization of the league and the people involved far outweigh the platform used. I race in a couple Race07 leagues, a gtr2 league and an iracing league and enjoy the heck out of all of them. I'm sure rFactor 2 will do just fine.

Was abit scared when i read the thread title. Thought here we go again. ;)
But its quite civilised . So thats good.
To late for rFactor? Nothing is to late imo. More sims the better. More choice for everyone to find a suitable sim for them wich they enjoy. Cant imagine if we where stuck with only one game. ;)

Personally i have nothing with iRacing. I follow the progress of it and even more when it became bigger here on RD offcourse.
But tried it and was not for me. (money, physics, forced cockpit) Its all personal offcourse. :)

If there is one thing iRacing does have right it's the physics, how can you say the physics are bad? Tyre model is poor though when compared to NetKar. rFactor feels it age now as do all the Simbin titles, they are all completely well past their sell by date. The only mods that stand out for me is the HistorX mod and NAGT in rFactor and slightly the Endurance mod but the tyres are a little odd in the build i played all that time ago. P&G for GTR2 is also top quality but rest for me are poor tbh.

It's guesswork if the FFB will be any good aswell half the time. I think rFactor2 is well timed if it is released this year as clearly number 1 is well past it.

I put RFactor on my SimXperience motion rig to demo it a couple of weeks ago. The more I looked at it, the more it grew on me, apperance wise. Only driven it for a few laps, punters in it mostly.
The thing with Iracing is that it looks so good, much better than anything else I have driven. (F1 2010, PS3 stuff, GP4 etc)
You know everyone has equal equipment...
The racing is great. !
The handeling is very consistant.
The TRACKS are the doggies... every bump thats on the track is in the simulation. (nothing else can say that!)
The price... well I have spent more on PS3 games I dont play than I have on Iracing...
My subscription will run and run.
One game is enough for me. (until something else beats it!)
Thats my view, but its a mostly free world, we are all entitled to our own view.
And long may that be the truth!
See you on the Track Dudes!
George

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 360 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years