a little help - warning n0ob at work here

i'm trying my hand @ racer, here's what i'm doing, i'm trying a little nfs shift conversion, i've used 3dsmax/dof plugin to bring this car into racer,

what am i doing wrong...this is just a test by the way to see if i can do this..after using another game format, for the past several years i want to get my teeth into something new...if you can helpe pleasse tell me what i'm doing wrong here thanks

Assuming you're talking about the red/blue image, it's because you're missing textures/shaders.

If you check QLOG.txt in the Racer directory, it should tell you what textures are missing.

You'll have to write them into a shader (car.shd) in the car folder, for the appropriate materials.

yep, after nearly punching a whole through my monitor last night i finally figured it out, racer doesnt like multi material, everything has to be done in a seperate material, which is a pain in the bum...but ok

thanks for the headsup anyways guys..figured it out last night lol

One of those things that's so basic for Racer veterans that we don't even think about it, and very simple - but only if you know about it. Welcome to the learning curve.

I use Blender and can have as many as 16 materials (textures) on a mesh (dof).

The texture images also need to be in the car/track folder as well as the car/track.shd file.

multisub ojects i meant lol..sory for sounding so noob, i've been using max for 10 years since my gearhead garage days lol...just a question, when i put a model into racer, when the car is in the spinner it seems to go dark on one side...is that normal or is that because i havent set shaders up properly...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back