A guide to make newbies aware of gentlemen rules in racing

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Hi guys,

I know its an idealistic idea of me, but i really am convinced that if we make a good guide people can be made aware of this situation and what problems it's causing in online play in public rooms.

We all make mistakes sometimes - but all it takes is a little consideration for other drivers and to bear in mind that our actions often have consequences for others who are totally innocent...

Found this on the internet - Thoughtless Driving. . ..

It seems all those elitist telling me how things that happen in Race NEVER happen in iRacing could have been misleading me a little... Still hoping to have a go at iR though next time they have a too good to refuse offer on - since Simbin and ISI appear to be dragging their heels so much with GTR3 and rF2

OK, gonna cover some ground....
The vid: It's beautiful! an innocent slide off track and an attempt to get back on like even I have done and it went wrong. One tire got grip and the car snapped onto the track, really, I have done that! This beautifully prepared vid shows how that one little bad choice created havoe for what, maybe half of the race field, certainly ervyone bhind him. And how many of the others tapped off even thought that their problem was anything but from the driver that made contact with them. Absolutley brilliant!

Pushy drivers in the publics: There are few in RD, thank goodness! It happens but to me it ain't a biggie as I still find most all todays drivers very respectful. I have to say here that in just the past few weeks, I've been in a few races with Norman Biscuits, he does complain about the bad drivers often and with good reason, I find him to be a driver that in RD seems to be driving as though he's in a real car. protecting it and the other drivers car with the fairest and most honest driving around, certainly better than mine. I applaude him and encourage him and others to keep speaking out about the less courteous drivers on the circuits.

Dave and iracing: There certainly is contact in iracing. In the series races where advancement oints and safety points are built is where you find the good stuff happening but because drivers make mistakes there is contact though it seems everyone is more cautious in those races. In races that are sponsored by individuals or "clubs" where the points aren't affected by contacts some of the drivers get a bit more ambitious, as we see in our races. I have even seen the rude behaior that occurrs in the pub's but it doesn't last as drivers are wuik to report bad drivers to stafff and the axe does seem to fall on them.
Staff members: Having given up opporunities to become a part of the staff here I can only appreciate all that is done by them all to bring us the daily racing that makes our blood flow. I can't name all of them and I certainly don't expect them to do everything that I think they should be doing to make our fun any better. They can only wait for us to complain about behaviors so proper punishments, castration, public hangings, etc. can take place to rid us of all foul play. Often after a set of races where I've seen cars littering the landscape or when I thought I have been wronged by another driver I look at the replay, often making recordings of the "incidents" that did disfavor to me and ready to make a vid to send to the proper staff member. Actually only one video has ever been completely prepared and sent to staff in complaint, During the process I can find that what had "ruined" my race was nothing but a driver error in a simulated race where participants are limited in "situational awareness"[yes, an avid flight simmer too] and only doing their best on a 3.16Ghz PC with the latest graphics card, plastic steering wheel full of buttons and a 24" or so screen inches in front of their head.

I seldom give the crew credit in my race rundowns anymore, they certiainly deserve it. Chris, Pter and all of you, "Thank You!"

What do you want after three beers with dinner? :D

I just raced in iRacing for 2-3 months and im racing in RD for 2-3 weeks and i must say there are much more "crashers" in iRacing then here. Thats one of the reasons why im here and not in iRacing:)

As a newbie i must say that my biggest problem is when someone is going to lap me. In some tracks its really easy to give a pass but in others its very difficult. With some drivers is very easy cause they just dont press me and i just do it right ... but other drivers expect me to pull over imediatly and press me a lot since they come in my mirrors. I take this as a learning process that is only possible with driving experience.

So ... i will just drive and drive as much as i can and eventually 1 day i will not need to worry about this cause i will be so fast that anyone will lap me anymore:rolleyes:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back