GT5 A Gran Turismo fiction project

The game series that first got me into cars and motorsport, and hence sim racing, is the Gran Turismo series. One aspect of the series that has consistently grabbed my attention over the years is the fictional tracks created for the games. I have searched various sites and forums for information concerning fictional circuits such as Grand Valley, Trial Mountain, the High Speed Ring and the Autumn Ring, but due to their fictional nature there is a distinct lack of information concerning the original tracks of Gran Turismo.

I am a creative person, and have spent much of my non-sim racing free time doing creative writing. I have written my fair share of original stories and fan fiction for various movies, books and games, so one day a couple of years back I decided to create my own "historical account" of the history of the fictional circuits in the Gran Turismo series. The idea died down for a bit and has only recently resurfaced in my mind, so I want to put it out there to gauge interest in it. Of course, writing a Fan Fiction story about a game that essentially has no story itself would be hard, so I will create my own chains of events and fictional historical figures for it.

Each chapter of the "book" will deal with one fictional track in the series, providing an Alternate
Universe backstory that ties in with pivotal events in the real world history of motor racing. Included will be features on who built the tracks and why, what the tracks were like originally (for example, I'm thinking of Grand Valley and Trial Mountain being public roads/scenic drives before they were turned into race tracks, much like Spa was), and a pictorial gallery charting changes in the layouts of the tracks.

What do you guys think? Should I do it? :tongue:

The first part of "Roads to Glory", which has the cover page, disclaimer and preface to the book, is now completed. You can download it from my MediaFire page as a Microsoft Word or PDF document at the bottom of this post. It does not deal directly with any particular track just yet, but provides a background to the book and its premise. I would greatly appreciate as much feedback as possible, so please tell your friends about this!

MS Word Version: http://www.mediafire.com/?04j5ubqczdc23am
PDF version: http://www.mediafire.com/?04j5ubqczdc23am

Wow, looks great so far. I myself have thought about similar issues once or twice: what exactly is this GTA, and how do they sanction these races? And how do they race at Deep Forest, with cliffs right next to the road? Etc, etc... I'm eagerly anticipating what you can make out of this!

Thanks for the feedback. I'm thinking of also including a small epilogue at the end of each chapter detailing what may be done to the tracks in the future...
I'm going to start writing about the Autumn Ring in the next few days - keep an eye out for it!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 107 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 140 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 199 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 381 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 520 38.5%