1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A fix for thunder with rain GTR Evo / RACE 07

Discussion in 'RACE 07 - Official WTCC Game' started by Alberto Marzi, Nov 26, 2008.

1. My friends from Simleague have done a little fix that solve the freeze during wet weather.
    When there are thunder during wet race ,( these .wav files are bigger 8 time than other .wav files in GTRevo !!) , a lot of people have an annoying little freeze .

Download Here
  2. OMG! if this fixes it i won't be able to stop dancing like this -> :milf:
  3. uh oh....will Andrew get his 100% rain wish??
  4. :woot: ... this could make life interesting - thanks bud, will test it soon :good:
  5. :fingerscrossed:
  6. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium Member

I'm waiting anxiously for feedback from our members.
    I have had the dreaded freeze when driving in the full rain, but I'm also wary of addons to my game.
  7. The only files included are some *.wav sound files. So it can't do any harm - it shouldn't cause mismatches as sound files shouldn't be checked.

But what was wrong with these files in the first place to cause freezing? Corrupted?
  8. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson
    The Stoat Without Fear ™ Premium Member

I think, from reading Alberto's post, that the files used for the thunder sound effect are huge in size, so when the sounds are being loaded, ready to be played, that causes the issue.
  9. Tim Ling

Tim Ling
    It's a million-to-1 chance, but it just might work Premium Member

An extremely disturbing mental image Andrew!

Thanks for the fix, now it'll be so wet the Mini's will be washed away :laugh2:
  10. Hope this works, we're going to need some boat racing
  11. Oh dear ... I fear for us all now ... those poor mini's are gonna drown ... anyone want to buy a cheap outboard speedboat motor :D
  12. Anyone know of a Top Gear amphibious car mod :D
  13. i am not worryed cuz i allready work on a hoovercraft version of the mini :p
  14. :laugh2:
  15. thanks man, i'll re-upload it after me race :thumb:
  16. Roby75, the "new fix" are empty/quiet wav files?
  17. was is/was wrong with the previous version? thunder was still working in that one....
  18. There are others thunder wav , when there is the sun .

Roby75 is the fix author

Put the files in SOUND.RAR in this path

C:\Program Files \Steam\steamapps\NAMEPROFILE\race 07\Gamedata\Sounds\Ambient