A few (probably simple) questions about GSCE

Loving the sim so far, and hoping that it'll be the path from "sim driver" to "sim racer" for me. Loving the AI so far.

However, I have a few questions that I can't seem to find, since this game is hard as hell to 'google' answers for.

1) When I enter pit lane, a siren goes off. What does this mean? Is it normal/good or...? I plan on doing some endurance races and want to make sure my pit stops go smoothly.

2) The main Stock Cars seem to have a really large dashboard. Maybe that's not the right word, but the distance between the steering wheel and the windshield seems massive. It makes the FOV seem weird, especially when it looks correct in the Mini/Formula cars. It's not terrible or gamebreaking, but it really feels weird being so far from the windshield and having a lower FOV (37). Does everyone have this?

3) Is Game Stock Car Extreme the 2014 version? I just bought GSC2013 since I saw the price will be going up by $5 when it becomes 'Extreme'. So, is it fair to assume that there will be no 'GSC2014'?

Thanks!

Joe.

Hi Joe,

1) In real life the point of the pit siren is to alarm people in the pitlane of incoming cars - it´s just an environment feature in the simulator;

2) That´s how it is with the real car:

3) Yes, there GSC Extreme is effectively GSC2014 - there won´t be a new GSC title before 2015 at the earliest.

Wow, that was pretty much the perfect answer for all of the above. That video is crazy how similar it is in real life to the game. And the siren is a nice little touch!

Back to racing for me, thanks again!

I'm fairly certain the dash is a long way away because the driver in these stock cars, as with touring cars etc, is sitting right in the middle of the car, not in the 'normal' position close to the dash. I believe this might be to do with weight distribution or something. They normally have an extended steering column that comes out quite a long way and that's why it looks funny.

I have my FOV set to 55 and my seat all the way forward and that's about the best I can get it without losing too much peripheral vision. My view looks similar to the video posted above. You get used to it.

:cool:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 353 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 248 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.9%
  • < 5 years