• Racing is not a matter of life and death. It's much more important than that!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. There's no such thing as a stupid question.

A failure or something else?

Discussion in 'F1 2011 - The Game' started by dragons9cal, Oct 8, 2011.

1. dragons9cal

dragons9cal

Ratings:
    +0
    I've just crashed out @ istanbul in a 100% career race and want to know what exactly. I was running in 16th in my Lotus under pressure when I took turn 8 too early and went across the grass. When this happened I shot up into the air before landing which ripped my front wing and wheel off which resulted in retirement. I looked into it on replay and red smoke came out the back of my car as I took off. Then black smoke came out from the side of the car. Now, does anyone have any ideas whether it was a failure or the red smoke was just dirt from the grass. All failures I've seen had a bang and grey smoke... any ideas?

2. Ben Eastman

Ben Eastman

Ratings:
    +38
    I've had a few retirements like this.
    In p1 in Montreal I hAd what I consider minor contact with schumi in the braking zone to the last chicane.
    I went left unto the pit entry runoff and tapped the wall, spun right and airborne. When I landed the screen went red-no detachments.
    I'm thinking it's a suspension failure overload or something?

3. Kimi450

Kimi450

Ratings:
    +4
    do u have a vid of it dragon or something like a pic or so

4. Peter Hooper

Peter Hooper
    Premium

Ratings:
    +7,727
    Any noise before the incident.. my failures have come with a resultant bang if it was engine related.

5. Sporty311

Sporty311

Ratings:
    +0
    Probably an engine failure did u spin while on the grass

6. Alex Bikazzan

Alex Bikazzan

Ratings:
    +7
    Sounds like an invisible wall or something. Happened to me in Suzuka, ran over a curb and boom: DNF. Didnt hit anything (on my screen) and it certainly wasnt a failure.

7. dragons9cal

dragons9cal

Ratings:
    +0
    I can't see it being an invisible wall because I just drove over the grass and went airborne. Then as I landed I lost my front wing and wheels. No sound before the incident. If it was a failure it has to be a suspension failure. BTW when I was airborne, I was literally vertical.

8. Ben Eastman

Ben Eastman

Ratings:
    +38
    That sounds like a big impact lol

9. slavko.g

slavko.g

Ratings:
    +0
    Look at the race director maybe there is some info

10. PJroons15

PJroons15