A couple of issues

Hi,

I hope someone can help me with some annoying issues i have with this game.

1. Other drivers names. I can't see other drivers names online and for the love of god i cannot find where to enable/change this. When i installed this game a couple of weeks ago i could not see other players names. After about a week all the sudden drivers names started appearing out of the blue, i didn't change anything. Now 2 days ago i made a new profile and now the drivers names are gone again. :(

2. XD for steam. I installed this interesting tool. However i noticed something strange. When looking at the image on the top left where it shows tyre temps and stuff i noticed while all the wheel temperatures are rising during a race, 1 of the rear wheels is actually lowering in temperature and going from green to blue. Is this normal?

3. Logitech driving force gt. Now here is the biggest issue i have. It seems my steering wheel works whenever it wants to. When i start race07 my chances of the steering wheel actually working are about 6/10 which is very unpleasant. And if it works, i'm not sure for how long. Sometimes it just stops working in the middle of a race. My wheel is only a few months old.

No1... ingame options/control setteing (where you set your wheel up)/ scroll down and where it says "driver name tags" click it with your mouse and assign iy a letter or number ot something on your wheel (lots of buttons on a dfgt) or as standard it will be assigned to something.
No2. usaully the tyre thats doing the least ammount of work turns blue... i have the same ...

No3. i assume you have the latest drivers for the dfgt http://www.logitech.com/en-gb/441/4172?section=downloads i think it the same one as the g25,
I made a profile for race but sometimes it doesnt always work, i have to drop to dashboard and then return to game all is ok then. My profile is set to 500% rotation and for the global i leave it at 900( then i can tell if profile has loaded) if you loose ffb in game there is the ffb reset ....ALT+f (this maye be wrong buttons)
"Alt+f" resets your ForceFeedback while on track. No need for game restart or reloading profile. Btw it works in GTR2 and GTL also.

The "d" key is the default key for name tags.

I have a dfgt but have never in over two years had it just go off. Out of calibrration at startup if I do a hotreboot but thats all. Sorry I can't help you there.

Tires go cold, never get warm, LF overheats, welcome the race 07.

3. Logitech driving force gt. Now here is the biggest issue i have. It seems my steering wheel works whenever it wants to. When i start race07 my chances of the steering wheel actually working are about 6/10 which is very unpleasant. And if it works, i'm not sure for how long. Sometimes it just stops working in the middle of a race. My wheel is only a few months old.

While not as bad as yours sounds, I have had a similar issue with my DFGT on occasion. I'll be happily driving along and then suddenly the light goes out and the wheel stops responding completely. The only fix is to unplug the wheel and then plug it back in so that my system re-detects it. I don't know what causes it, but I personally think that it may be the drivers failing during gameplay.

As someone else suggested, try plugging your wheel into a different port on the back of your rig (ie, one that is built into the motherboard). You could also try reinstalling the Logitech Gaming Software, or at least making sure you have the latest version. If the problem persists and your wheel is only a few months old then it should still be covered by the 12 month warranty. You could try contacting Logitech and see if you can get a replacement.

Thanks for the replies guys. I got the names sorted. As for the steering wheel, it is connected to the back of the pc, i never use the front panel anyway. I have 6 usb slots on the 1/0 panel, 2 on top and 4 on the bottom. I switched it to one of the top slots for now. Lets hope it works.

If your still having this issue (i know the thread is old) but check it's plugged in properly. My powerboard sits next to my desk and cos of the bulky size of the adapted i knock it out occasionally with my chair. I've never had any issues with my wheel though and this happened to me once cos of the power.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 351 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 245 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 299 13.3%