F1 2013 A couple of beginners questions!

F1 2013 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi, fellas!

I got myself F1 2013 as an early christmasgift, and been playing for a couple of weeks i think now. I'm totally loving it, and i'm even discussing it at work, with my colleague who got me into it :)

Now here's a couple of questions, that probably are really easy for you veterans to answer:

1. Does the teams Toro Rosso and Red Bull work as in real life? Is it a good way into Red Bull by choosing Toro Rosso early in my career?
  2. I really can't any numbers on how many races i've done? I know where my stats are and it shows wins, podiums etc etc. But i'm halfthrough my second season by now (going on Silverstone now), should i just assume i've done 19+6 or something?
  3. Any good tips on pitstops? I thought in real life the crewboss decided it all so i just left it up to the game to decide. But i just got off Montreal, which is 18 laps (by 25% setting, i'm running medium). I got the prime tyres lap 1-6 then pitted and got the option tires for the rest of the 12 laps. Sometimes i figure it would be nice with one more pitstop, since the threads are really worn the final 3 laps...I'm kind of drifting my way through.
  4. What does the XP mean? I'm at level 17 now, but i don't know what it does? Increase difficulty?
Thankful for any answers!

//Robert

Last edited:
1. It doesnt work that way. Getting to Red Bull will be based on if you choose Webber or Vettel as your championship rival and beat them or if you develop enough XP and your level is high enough for them to show interest in you
2. Not really understanding what your asking
3. I usually just let my Race Engineer decide that (using the default strategy) or if I do change it it may only be a difference of a couple of laps.
4. Goes back to the first answer, XP has nothing to do with increased difficulty its just your skill that increases and what other teams look at in relation to contract offers and with said contract offer what your status will be (whether you are the number one driver or number two driver). The maximum level is 50 and when you reach that probably every team will want you to be their number one driver. Hope this helps

2 - I don't think there is any way to know how many races you have competed in. The game doesn't track that figure. It does tell you how many laps you've done and how many hours you've spent on track, but not the number of races completed.... probably a good stat to have though if you ask me.

3 - the engineer doesn't have it right all the time. It's best to figure out in practice how long the tyres will last and do the math yourself. Take Bahrain for example, the engineer will want you to make your first pitstop way too early. the tyres will last longer there than he thinks. Is it meant to be that way? Who knows. But it's best to sort out the strategy yourself. You can sometimes save a stop and leapfrog the competition.

For tire changes its best on 25% to simply go in when you need to and switch to the other compound. Use the quick select option to ensure you get the tires you need and go in when needed ignore the engineer until you can predict your needed changes before the race even begins.

From our really easy to understand terms of service, you agreed to when signing up to these forums.
  • Mutual respect between the people using the RaceDepartment.com website(s) and forums. This means you may not personally attack other forum users. malicious behaviour and bullying will not be tolerated. If there is a problem report it to the staff.
See you in a day or seven @Gonda Richard as we don't need to read you going berserk over a normal forum post of an other member that is trying to help.

From our really easy to understand terms of service, you agreed to when signing up to these forums.
  • Mutual respect between the people using the RaceDepartment.com website(s) and forums. This means you may not personally attack other forum users. malicious behaviour and bullying will not be tolerated. If there is a problem report it to the staff.
See you in a day or seven @Gonda Richard as we don't need to read you going berserk over a normal forum post of an other member that is trying to help.
I didn't read the terms of servise when I signed up

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back