A bold claim...

indeed:

Attachments

• Modesty.jpg
    Modesty.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 386
But I decided that I couldn't be bothered.
Because none of those would be other racing simulators/games?

I also keep asking myself why it is that people who seem to dislike or have so many issues with iRacing keep finding themselves in the iRacing forums :confused:.
Did you see the image I attached to the original post? Here's another one just incase you didn't :) Of course this kind of thing's going to annoy people, you can't claim to be the best when you're on par (with the competition) in some respects, yet below in others.

Attachments

• More modesty.jpg
    More modesty.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 239
Sure they can claim that. I would easily claim The Walkmen is the best band in the world, although there might be a better guitarist in another band. iRacing is not perfect, not even close, but overall its better than any other sim I can think of.

Because none of those would be other racing simulators/games?

Did you see the image I attached to the original post? Here's another one just incase you didn't :) Of course this kind of thing's going to annoy people, you can't claim to be the best when you're on par (with the competition) in some respects, yet below in others.

• I installed Windows 7 and didn't realise I had lost my rFactor product code -couldn't access the email I registered my purchase with... No more rFactor until I recovered the details (even though I had paid previously and still had the installation disc and the rFactor installation file on my external drive).
  • I had to buy a new computer and had to reinstall everything - no more ARCA as the system didn't recognise the details I entered as proof of purchase (finally got it sorted after giving up for about a year - probably something else I could have done, but got fed up at the time of not being able to race the game I had the disc for).
  • I own GTL, GTR, GTR2. I still remember when the Simbin lobby for GTL went offline (someone had to pay the bill) and we all had to wait for someone to come up with a fix.
  • I have Race07, GTR Evo etc. Steam released an update and they stopped working on my computer. Took a while to find the new drivers I needed to get them to work again. Until that point, I couldn't race them.
  • I have Silent Hunter 5 but every time my ISP has a hiccup (BT Broadband) the game stops - because you can't play it in offline mode without an active internet connection to process your save games etc.
  • I have Xbox Live and have to accept mandatory updates all the time (even though I am playing offline) or accept that I can no longer play the game in question and be logged into Xbox Live (just to chat or be available to pick up messages).
  • I also remember the 100K plus Xbox Live users that had paid for the service but got banned (instantly) when Microsoft released an update to catch the users that had chipped their consoles.
  • I bought tickets to see Lauryn Hill at the Carling Academy in Birmingham. Tickets said it started at 8pm (or maybe 9pm). Lauryn came onto the stage at something like 10:30 after the crowd got rowdy and started booing. She then proceeded to put on one of the worst performances I can remember and Lauryn told the paying crowd they could leave if they didn't like it! Lauryn was only on stage for about an hour or more.
  • Went to see Neyo. Tickets did not say restricted view. Didn't see anything from where we were sat. Long way to go just to listen to a concert. But hey - that's concerts.
  • If I buy a season ticket to see my favourite football team but get banned for conduct I lose my money, my access to the ground and have no recourse for a refund.
  • I own a car. No registration of tax and I could wake up to find that the council have taken it and crunched it. No more car and no refund. Same thing possible if I get caught driving without insurance or a valid M.O.T and don't provide one to collect it from the pound.
  • Buy a plane ticket for a grand and turn up at the airport early. Drink too much and I could find myself waving the plane off as they refuse to let me fly. Watching the news this year I have lost count of the number of people who paid for holidays and got stranded abroad as the company folded.
  • Christmas clubs. I remember the one that folded a couple of years ago. No hampers for Christmas for those customers and no refunds either.
Carlsberg - probably the best lager in the world! Really??? By who's standards? My mate is a Tenants Super fan and reckons that it is probably the best... Oops - forgot, just an advertising campaign :wink:.

I'm not trolling I'm just entitled to my opinion. I think and always will iracing is just a scam. I also think iracing is bad for the sim racing community for the fact that you don't own the software you just pay to use it. I do give them credit that they have made it this far and that they are as big as they are. I'm just saying no way would I pay hundreds of dollars just to borrow software. But anyways I will leave now and let the iracing fan boys do their thing. Good day.

I'm not trolling I'm just entitled to my opinion. I think and always will iracing is just a scam.

Great, doesn't mean you have to preach about it all over the internet though.

I also think iracing is bad for the sim racing community for the fact that you don't own the software you just pay to use it.

Just like 99% of the games out there.

I do give them credit that they have made it this far and that they are as big as they are. I'm just saying no way would I pay hundreds of dollars just to borrow software.

But you did pay over $500 for it...

But anyways I will leave now and let the iracing fan boys do their thing. Good day.

Cool story bro.

Just let the thread die guys, neither CAR or Jeff have any interest in iRacing and are only here to troll.
You realise the community's a big part of any online simulator right? So by behaving like an ar$e who are you helping? Look at LFS for an example of how a community can kill a sim', not even the devs want anything to do with them.

Carlsberg - probably the best lager in the world! Really??? By who's standards? My mate is a Tenants Super fan and reckons that it is probably the best... Oops - forgot, just an advertising campaign :wink:.
That isn't meant to be taken seriously though :) Out of your random list, the racing games (which I actually asked about :p) were all solvable problems right?

You realise the community's a big part of any online simulator right? So by behaving like an ar$e who are you helping?

You might take a look at your own actions before pointing the finger, you are the one making false allegations about a me and sending rude and abusive PM's. Its clear you have no interest in iRacing so why even post here, go and enjoy your chosen sim and let us enjoy iRacing.

You might take a look at your own actions before pointing the finger, you are the one making false allegations about a me and sending rude and abusive PM's.
You're joking right? I sent you one PM (not the hate campaign you're implying) asking why you closed the thread after having your final word. I think I also said you had to as there were so many holes in your argument. So if that was so rude and abusive why not forward it to a mod' so we can see what they say? Or better still post it here so everyone knows the monster I clearly am :)

You're joking right? I sent you one PM (not the hate campaign you're implying) asking why you closed the thread after having your final word. I think I also said you had to as there were so many holes in your argument. So if that was so rude and abusive why not forward it to a mod' so we can see what they say? Or better still post it here so everyone knows the monster I clearly am :)

vic___bob_handbags.jpg

That isn't meant to be taken seriously though :) Out of your random list, the racing games (which I actually asked about :p) were all solvable problems right?

The random list was to address my laziness in not posting examples earlier. :redface:

As for it being a scam. I probably would be more sympathetic to this argument if it was the case of some kid who somehow convinced his/her parents to give them their credit card to buy this new shiny game/sim - but then realised that it was a subscription. Sympathetic to the kid, not the parents who handed over the card.

Also - would have a much more sympathetic ear if this tangent of the thread hadn't come about because people have been banned from iRacing for using a cheat hack.

@CAR: i don't know why you keep saying Kevin closed that thread. He doesn't even have moderator rights in this forum :)
Well as Kevin ignored my PM, I didn't know that, but I find it even more worrying if the admins backup the racing staff. Obviously like on the LFS forum people are treated differently depending on the type of account they have (good luck with that) :)

CAR not sure what the point is you are trying to make, but you are really wasting your time on this pointless discussion.
Secondly if you don't like how we run this place feel free not to enter it.

ClosedDoor.gif

You posted the following on october 16th:
This will be my last post on the matter (promise), as I have no intention of discussing iR,
Stick to it.

CAR not sure what the point is you are trying to make, but you are really wasting your time on this pointless discussion.
The same point I've already made in private (to you), that the behaviour of the racing staff's alienating some of the community, so I'll just follow the others and take that beautiful clipart door :)

You posted the following on october 16th:

Stick to it.
With Kevin and others most often found in the GT/iR/LFS communities, who automatically dislike you if you don't agree with them :p

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back