1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A bold claim...

Discussion in 'iRacing' started by CAR, Nov 3, 2010.

1. CAR

Attached Files:

2. Abdul Al-Amry

Abdul Al-Amry
    2011 RD Indy 500 Winner

I agree with that claim. iRacing is like marmite you either love its software or hate it.
  3. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Quite surprised they all of a sudden use the word "game".
  4. CAR

At least they've finally admitted it :p

Or like Marmite you try to sell your product using someone else's brand :)

Attached Files:

5. If people are getting so excited over a few words then the marketing team are doing their job :) That blog entry six months ago really says it all. Its something that has amused me for years in racing and flight sim circles how everyone gets bent out of shape if someone refers to their 'hardcore simulation' as a game. The same thing goes when PC gamers deride console gamers. Simulation, like beauty is in the eye of the beholder. A game like Modern Warfare 2 'simulates' me firing a gun - to a degree. I can only imagine the wails from some corners of the iRacing community who take themselves far too seriously when Steve Myers made that blog entry. For me though iRacing is still the best online racing game right now and worth every penny I've paid for it which is why I like to frequent this forum to chat about it even if some only come to snipe.
  6. Its still a hardcore simulation, but its also a game in my opinion.
  7. CAR

Nice to talk to you again Kevin, I won't argue, cos you'll just close the topic & ignore my PM's.
  8. What they claim is true. Right now, at least.
  9. its a game yes, but the most enjoyable game ever :D
  10. You don't have to spend a whole lot of time with it to figure out the claim is true. When you look at the whole package, the physics, the graphics (they keep getting better and with everything max'd out, I have zero complaints) and, in my opinion, the most important thing, the governance with FIRST, it's a no-brainer. However, I realize that the haters are still going to hate.. Game? simulation? Who gives a flying leap. You can call it what you want, I'll continue to refer to it as the most enjoyable racing experience available, complete with increased heart rate, sweaty palms and a huge rush of adrenaline that takes 40 minutes to recover from, which, by the way, is not enough before the next race so you can do it all over again
  11. Glenn Petersen

Glenn Petersen
    Premium Member

Spot on, Randy!
  12. All I am going to say is that they released the FW31 and I am in awe! I am spending season 4 just running laps in the open practice at the moment, so I can get used to the car, the options available to set it up, the differences these changes make to the way it handles and basically to just figure out how to extract the best I can from the car.

I've now run laps at Silverstone, Road America and Phillip Island. The grip is unbelievable, the sensory feedback mind blowing and the cheesy grin on my face (when I nail that lap) is as wide as the Grand Canyon.

Game, Simulation. Po-ta-to, po-tar-to - it is (for me) money well spent and raises my expections of the genre each day.

NB - IMO, referring to the product as a game is probably about tapping into a bigger customer-base.
  13. iracing is a game. It has no interactive cockpit, you can't stall the car and the tire model sucks. Netkar has the best and most realistic physics of any racing sim out there. iracing is just for rich kids and old guys with too much money. The iracing fan boys think the more money they spend means it must be better but that is not true. iracing is bad for the sim racing community because you dont' actually own the software you're just paying to use it. Iracing is nr2003 engine by the way.
  14. First off, I can't see any reason why you'd have bad words to say about iRacing because of a conflict of interest. (Your "other" post over there was deleted I see)

Secondly, you don't technically own ANY game you have, they're all licensed to you
    For example:
  15. Abdul Al-Amry

Abdul Al-Amry
    2011 RD Indy 500 Winner

Simon you work in MI5 by any chance? :)
  16. CAR

Simon, the difference's you can't be completely shut out of nKPro, you can't even be banned from servers. That's the main reason I've never "invested" (as some call it) in iRacing, as they can just pull the plug whenever they want.
  17. I was going to list all of the 'goods and services' that I could think of, where the consumer pays for the pleasure of 'experiencing' the product without ever owning it. I was then going to list the ones where you pay with the chance that the product will no longer be available.

But I decided that I couldn't be bothered.

I also keep asking myself why it is that people who seem to dislike or have so many issues with iRacing keep finding themselves in the iRacing forums :confused:. It's like the guy who tagged details of how to cheat in iRacing on every iRacing video I had uploaded to YouTube. I then noticed that he had spent the best part of god knows how much time doing to same to all the iRacing videos he could find.

Just wierd.. Reminds me of all the Man U fans that make their way to the LFC forums and vice-versa.
  18. It is obviously a revenge... and I can understand that when someone is banned from an account after having bought for 500 $ of cars and track...