F1 2015 A blurry mess

F1 2015 The Game (Codemasters)
Has anybody found a cure for the blurred image yet? I tried all sorts of different settings, including the hardware settings config.xml file changes (motion blur and depth of filed = OFF), but the image is still as blurred as hell. SweetFX could help...

The graphics are a big letdown in this year`s edition. It`s a shame as they finaly got the handling and FFB quite right.

Last edited:
Thanks Quarra933, seems to have worked. Know where custom wheel settings are saved? My game also doesn't seem to always save my graphics settings... keeps going back to native resolution when I restart.

My game also doesn't seem to always save my graphics settings... keeps going back to native resolution when I restart.
When you've finished editing your graphics config, go to your documents at windows, then MyGames > F1 2015 and make the hardware settings file (the first afair) read-only, so the game cannot overwrite its setting and they'll stay as they were saved.

When you've finished editing your graphics config, go to your documents at windows, then MyGames > F1 2015 and make the hardware settings file (the first afair) read-only, so the game cannot overwrite its setting and they'll stay as they were saved.

Got it. What about the custom wheel settings? It keeps resetting to Logitech G27 when I run the game again, even after having driven with custom G27 settings previously.

True, I use VSR to have less aliasing, so I can disable all AA options to not have even worse CA than the game already has by default.

And really, even with VSR, no AA, the game hurts my eyes much more than Ridge Racer V on PS2 (which I actually played completely a few weeks ago and that game had massive aliasing).

edit "action_map_preset_win" with notepad++, search logitech g27, find the buttons you want to change and change them, but the counting inside the xml file starts from zero so for example top right corner button on the wheel, normally is number 7 in the xml you will insert 6 etc etc.
Hope you get it ;)

edit "action_map_preset_win" with notepad++, search logitech g27, find the buttons you want to change and change them, but the counting inside the xml file starts from zero so for example top right corner button on the wheel, normally is number 7 in the xml you will insert 6 etc etc.
Hope you get it ;)
Thanks that seems to have worked, but I can't map the on screen info not sure which option in the .xml it is want to map it to the wheel button 21

Hi there,

just to add my 2 pence worth, it looks blurry for me too and I can see the chromatic effect (gtx970, driver 352.86 @1920x1200). Reading other threads and forums, it seems there are those who just don't notice it or their setup isn't displaying the same symptoms. Weird.

Hello! I don`t know that if its appropriate to post another mod site links,but I found this Link removed and it really changes the game from total **** to nice.Graphics,I mean. From total vomit to real very nice,as the game should look.

Edited by mod

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello! I don`t know that if its appropriate to post another mod site links,but I found this Link removed and it really changes the game from total **** to nice.Graphics,I mean. From total vomit to real very nice,as the game should look.

Edited by mod

No sorry, please don't post links to other racing websites or blogs, thanks :thumbsup:

Yup, I know you are just trying to help :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 231 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 161 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 156 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 118 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 223 14.2%