F1 2015 A blurry mess

F1 2015 The Game (Codemasters)
Has anybody found a cure for the blurred image yet? I tried all sorts of different settings, including the hardware settings config.xml file changes (motion blur and depth of filed = OFF), but the image is still as blurred as hell. SweetFX could help...

The graphics are a big letdown in this year`s edition. It`s a shame as they finaly got the handling and FFB quite right.

Last edited:
Your custom settings should not revert back on their own unless you go into the graphics menu and change something there at which point it will overwrite your custom xml settings. However, I have read reports of graphics options not saving which is being called a bug, however I haven't seen that happen since the first patch which was supposed to fix that.

Yes, if I select a "Detail Preset" it will adjust all settings for the mass change, including motion blur. There is no way to specifically disable motion blur without going back into the xml file. I'm still changing overall graphic quality depending on the track, so I'd rather have the file read-only so I do not have to alt-tab or exit the game to change the blur setting.

Note, "Post Process" will be displayed as "Custom" in-game after making changes to motion blur in the XML file. Even after applying a different preset, "Custom" is still selectable as a post process setting as the farthest option to the right (if you have the xml file set to read-only?).

Yes, if I select a "Detail Preset" it will adjust all settings for the mass change, including motion blur. There is no way to specifically disable motion blur without going back into the xml file. I'm still changing overall graphic quality depending on the track, so I'd rather have the file read-only so I do not have to alt-tab or exit the game to change the blur setting.

Note, "Post Process" will be displayed as "Custom" in-game after making changes to motion blur in the XML file. Even after applying a different preset, "Custom" is still selectable as a post process setting as the farthest option to the right (if you have the xml file set to read-only?).

I loved your performance in the movie King of Kong. ;)

Just to toss my .02 into this conversation. One thing I notice is that on my cockpit, which I have a 29" TV (720p, 1366x768 native) on, even with motion blur and such disabled at both 720p and it's native resolution, it still doesn't look that great. However, when I move it over to my 22" computer monitor, the game looks fantastic. This seems to indicate to me that Codemasters didn't optimize the game on TV resolutions. Which is puzzling to me. I run Assetto Corsa on my cockpit TV and it looks great.

I've been looking to by a higher resolution monitor for my cockpit, this might be the excuse I use to actually do it, but it somewhat disappoints me that this game does not look at least very good on my TV, especially considering there are probably a lot of other folks in Codemaster's F1 game market that use TV's to play on and can't just run out and buy a computer monitor because it suits them. I hope this gets resolved soon.

Glad I viewed this thread, I was wondering why this game's graphics look so bad compared to prior versions. Bad is an understatement. Also has anyone with an Nvidia card or ULMB monitor tried to play this game using ULMB? I hang and crash every time, already removed/reinstalled graphics drivers. All other games work fine for me using ULMB. I am going to try these suggestions tonight and if they don't work will request a refund through Steam. I'll re-buy when the graphics get fixed and keep on with my career in my modded 2014 game. Way to go Coderookies.

F1_2015 UltraHigh_1080.jpg

This is a 1920x1080 segment taken from a 4K screenshot (too big to upload to RD). This is not exaggerated at all, actual pixels.

You can see the red, green and blue shift quite clearly and I have circles them just in case you can't. On my 65" 4K TV, these lines are 1mm to 3mm wide

It's a blurry mess!

EDIT: I can't take further shots as I got a headache, followed closely by a refund from Steam.

EDIT2: original file can be found here: http://mrpix.org/images/F1_2015_UltraHigh.jpg

Last edited:
View attachment 98936

This is a 1920x1080 segment taken from a 4K screenshot (too big to upload to RD). This is not exaggerated at all, actual pixels.

You can see the red, green and blue shift quite clearly and I have circles them just in case you can't. On my 65" 4K TV, these lines are 1mm to 3mm wide

It's a blurry mess!

EDIT: I can't take further shots as I got a headache, followed closely by a refund from Steam.

EDIT2: original file can be found here: http://mrpix.org/images/F1_2015_UltraHigh.jpg

I guess you couldn't play doom without getting a headache right? :p

Glad I viewed this thread, I was wondering why this game's graphics look so bad compared to prior versions. Bad is an understatement. Also has anyone with an Nvidia card or ULMB monitor tried to play this game using ULMB? I hang and crash every time, already removed/reinstalled graphics drivers. All other games work fine for me using ULMB. I am going to try these suggestions tonight and if they don't work will request a refund through Steam. I'll re-buy when the graphics get fixed and keep on with my career in my modded 2014 game. Way to go Coderookies.

Why did you buy it if you didn't like the graphic? It was shown quite clear on the videos before release how it would look. Ah nevermind I just can't understand how people think I guess, it's not you, it's me. ;)

I think I have found a good solution for ''blurry mess''!!!

if you have a good nvidia GPU, do the following and you won't regret:

1. disable motion blur and depth of field in the xml file
2. use nvidia DSR (for 1920x1080 a good increase would be 2560x1440)
3. download and install sweetFX for f1 2015 from this site https://sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/4071/
4. don't forget to download and copy/paste the f1 2015 sweetFX preset from that page
5. that's it!

p.s. believe me, it will do the trick!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Hrc
I like how people think increasing the contrast makes something look realistic.

No wonder TV companies have modes like "dynamic" where the contrast is over the top but makes even an old DVD movie look like ultra sharp 4k blu ray. But is actually just over the top, hurting the eyes, not looking realistic.

The preset sucks, pal. What else than contrast has been changed? The green at the track is way too sharp, way too bright, just so the dark tones get darker and sharper, too.

Woohoo, my TV can do this magic, too with one click and it still does neither look better nore more realistic.

Why did you buy it if you didn't like the graphic? It was shown quite clear on the videos before release how it would look. Ah nevermind I just can't understand how people think I guess, it's not you, it's me. ;)
I'm an idiot for not checking internet videos prior to buying the game? Also an idiot for assuming a game released in 2015 won't look worse than games released 5+ years ago and will work with ULMB feature of my graphics card? Whatever.

I'm an idiot for not checking internet videos prior to buying the game? Also an idiot for assuming a game released in 2015 won't look worse than games released 5+ years ago and will work with ULMB feature of my graphics card? Whatever.

I don't think your an idiot, I am trying to understand why people are refunding the game, I was very pleased with the graphics myself it was better than I expected. I can't say that 5 year old games look better but each to his own. I have no intention of being hostile or troll people. I guess I can choose the wrong words at times. Cheers

I wonder if you need glasses or are just trolling. The graphics look better than expected? While they look worse than F1 2013? Why would anyone expect less from games developed in a new next-gen engine?
The game is full blurry with outwashed colors. The lighting is decent and better than before but god rays and bloom don't make you feel playing HD when the game looks like upscaled 480p everywhere.
I have disabled motion blur and dof and still I see massive blurring when turning and the overall look of the game is not sharp as it used to be in the last few F1 games.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 356 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 249 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.3%