A Beginners Guide to Blancpain GT & Round 1 Live Stream from Monza!

Don't know if anyone on here went to the race at Silverstone last year but who do you hear on the commentary? Is it the standard Silverstone team or do you hear the John Watson and company?

It was a mix at the WEC, part Radio Le Mans and part Silverstone team.

great article apart from one thing i noticed:
"A typical race weekend for both series consists of two 90 minute free practice sessions, a 60 minute qualifying race, followed final by another 60 minute race to pick the winner."

surely the endurance series has an endurance race instead of a 60 minute race?

great article apart from one thing i noticed:
"A typical race weekend for both series consists of two 90 minute free practice sessions, a 60 minute qualifying race, followed final by another 60 minute race to pick the winner."

surely the endurance series has an endurance race instead of a 60 minute race?

Indeed a little misdemeanor on my part that slipped through my proof read. Races in the Endurance Series are typically 3 hours in length. The exceptions are Spa as noted, but also Paul Ricard which is run as a 1000km event.

Great article Jack, really enjoyed round 1 of the Sprint series, the qualifying race imo was arguably the best race so far this year.

Good to see you covering it, I do however have one request, if you decide to do a results article, please please please don't put the results in the title, being in a different time zone makes it difficult to watch live, so it some times takes a day to two till I have a chance to watch the whole race. (Sure I'm not the only one)

Thanks again!

I appreciate the concern but I'm afraid it's difficult not to do so without falling into the realm of 'clickbaity' titles. Thanks for the kind words however :)

Cars are divided into two separate categories, Pro and Pro-Am,
Actually, there are three classes.
Pro, Pro-Am, and just Am (aka. Gentlemen Drivers).
But aside from that, I completely agree that it's a very watchable series. The only one I follow to be honest.
Not to mention that the commentary on YT is top-notch.
Finally, for those of us who doesn't care about it being live, but just enjoy the sight of 80 million quid worth of cars swanning about on track ( :D ), there is usually full-length races available the next day for download.

IMSA does the same thing with the WeatherTech Championship for those interested.

"Our" Dennis will start from 4th position in both races. Well done and I am looking forward to see you win :).
http://squadracorse.lamborghini.com/en/europe/results-standings/results-series-2016/monza/

Just watching the first race now Matej

47 Starters!? :laugh: They must be keeping Lambo in business.....:rolleyes:

You can tell it's a mixture of pro's and wealthy amateurs though, some of the driving standards lower down the field are a bit hit and miss but hey if they have the money and the lucky so and so's are able to take part, good for them.

It's a shame some company somewhere doesn't do a GT3 experience, even it was a three year old car it would still be great fun. I think Lamborghini do an experience day in the Huracan GT3 but you can imagine how much that costs......

Nuff said´ :)

d3.png

2d.png

Congratulations Dennis, RR Team!

blanc.jpg

Bite me.

This is from the Blancpain series website. For some unknown reason I can watch the French Stream. There is a stream on the GTWorld Youtube site, but you would never know it from the official series site.

It's sad that you have to do a general google search to find where you can actually watch a stream of the race/qualifying/prequali, and not get the information from the series website. Maybe you can get more viewers if you don't make them jump through hoops to find it.

View attachment 132305

Bite me.

This is from the Blancpain series website. For some unknown reason I can watch the French Stream. There is a stream on the GTWorld Youtube site, but you would never know it from the official series site.

It's sad that you have to do a general google search to find where you can actually watch a stream of the race/qualifying/prequali, and not get the information from the series website. Maybe you can get more viewers if you don't make them jump through hoops to find it.

You may have seen it but just in case, if you hover over the "GT TV" link on the official website (http://www.blancpain-gt-series.com), you'll see on the left of the options a link straight to the YouTube Channel :thumbsup:

The standard video is linked to DailyMotion.com which as you've discovered can be a bit problematic if it doesn't like your location although in my experience sometimes the image quality can be better.

I was never really a fan of GT racing, I always thought it was dull and processional. Went to the Silverstone round last year, and I will now at least concede that the Blancpain GT Series is brilliant.

About those restriction rules. ...
I remember the MP4-12C being restricted after some races because it was too fast. ...resulting in lesser performance and positions on the leaderboard. As I look at the performance chart of several GT3 cars I can see the Lambo Huracan, Audi R8 LMS and Nissan GT-R have 600hp while other cars like the BMW Z4, Mercedes SLS and the McLaren MP4 or 650S have not even 500hp. Having almost the same weight, what are those restrictions based on actually? Aerodynamica, power to weight ratio,engine capacity, fuel tank,....?

I appreciate the concern but I'm afraid it's difficult not to do so without falling into the realm of 'clickbaity' titles. Thanks for the kind words however :)

Not to harp on about this mate, but couldnt you just title it "Blancpain Endurance GT3 Monza weekend Wrap up" or something? This is definitely not click bait.

Mma junkie did a similar thing with ultimate fighter results articles as it aired in different timezones, readers of the site complained when they were posting the results in the title, so they made the adjustment.

For 2016 not only is every race and qualifying streamed live - completely free of charge I might add, on YouTube, but full replays and highlights packages are also available for us racing fans to peruse at our own free will.

As an American, this is pretty sweet and very welcomed :thumbsup:, fricking love YouTube in this aspect, enjoyed watching Misano 2016 and Monza 2015 last weekend, watched Free-Practice & Pre-Quali for Monza 2016 earlier today, but went to take a peek at the race-stream upload-thingy on YT, and saw this...
Untitled1.jpg

Tell me I'm doing something wrong, I was really looking forward to watching the race tomorrow. :(

Not to harp on about this mate, but couldnt you just title it "Blancpain Endurance GT3 Monza weekend Wrap up" or something? This is definitely not click bait.

Mma junkie did a similar thing with ultimate fighter results articles as it aired in different timezones, readers of the site complained when they were posting the results in the title, so they made the adjustment.

I'm in the same boat as Shawn in this. Sometimes I get emails with the title of the winners or team for other Motorsport and it kinda takes the fun out of it when you know who won.
Simply advising of a weekend roundup surely is better for those of us that are unable to watch it live.

As an American, this is pretty sweet and very welcomed :thumbsup:, fricking love YouTube in this aspect, enjoyed watching Misano 2016 and Monza 2015 last weekend, watched Free-Practice & Pre-Quali for Monza 2016 earlier today, but went to take a peek at the race-stream upload-thingy on YT, and saw this...
View attachment 132362

Tell me I'm doing something wrong, I was really looking forward to watching the race tomorrow. :(

You're ok matey, I think they put "placeholders" on the YouTube feed, so that one is purely for the race on Sunday, that's why you won't see anything yet.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back